Today 7/17 is the day all US pre-orders are to have shipped by...

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
...was hoping to wake up this morning to some sign of activity... but what I found is no activity on cc, no changed in Google Play Store, and no email from Google with shipping information. If I had pre-ordered from just about any place (Staples, Gamestop, Sam's Club) I would have my Nexus 7 now. Instead Google continues to demonstrate what a bunch of novice's they are at launching a product, and even providing a modicum of responsive customer service.
Just in case someone wants verification of Google stating that all US Pre-orders would ship by today, it is here http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2667319&topic=2411735&ctx=topic

Last edited:

CandyNJ6

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Today 7/17 is the day all US pre-orders are to have shipped b

I ordered it on 7/8 Nexus is out for delivery as of 4:09 am this early morning of Tuesday. I will get it by the end of today.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I ordered an 8GB version plus the case. While I don't have any updates from Google, my credit card was charged last night. It's just a shame that all this extra time to think about my purchase has led me to the decision that I don't really NEED a tablet. I tried to cancel it last week but they told me that shipping was imminent. I guess now I'll just leave a note on the door for UPS when they attempt to deliver it.

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain....I ordered an 8gb June 28th with a case.....still nothing

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

taarkan

May 10, 2010
Visit site

Ordered 6/29 (16GB) and it is out for delivery and will be here today.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I feel your pain....I ordered an 8gb June 28th with a case.....still nothing

I ordered on 6/28 with a case also. I think that something defiantly went wrong. I thought for sure we would have heard something by now.

I noticed the same type of strange shipping when I ordered the Gnex. I ordered it on a Friday but, there were people who ordered Saturday and got the phone tuesday before the holiday. I didn't get mine until after the holiday Thursday. That didn't bother me because I understand it was during a holiday weekend. This seems a little worse though.

It's funny because I'm really into the Nexus devices and the whole idea behind it. I was seriously thinking about getting a Nexus Q also but, I think I will wait until t says "shipping now"

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Ordered 6/29 (16GB) and it is out for delivery and will be here today.

That's awesome! it's nice to see someone who ordered in that timeframe getting their tablet.:)

jimed43

May 27, 2010
Visit site

I ordered a 8gig, no case on 7/12, and it is out for delivery today!

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

If ordered on the 7th then they have three weeks from when you ordered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

No, if you ordered on the 7th it would have still been a pre order. And they are promising ALL pre orders (regardless of date ordered) will be shipped by today.

I ordered the 6th, and still nothing today so far.

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

oh joy! I just got home from my graveyard shift. (5AM right now.) And what do i find? Nothing. (sigh.) I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and wait until tomorrow (wednesday morning 5AM again after my graveyard shift) to see if there is any update on my preorder.

no charge, no email. nada.

7/7 16GB - No accessories bought.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

If ordered on the 7th then they have three weeks from when you ordered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

You are incorrect. According to Google's own statement (in link I provided) they are claiming that all pre-orders will ship by today.
I got sick of waiting and walked into a Staples first thing this morning and bought one, didn't pre-order through Staples or anything.
I'll be calling Google and cancelling the order, if they won't let me cancel I'm sure I'll be able to sell the extra one, unless my wife decides she wants one:p

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
You are incorrect. According to Google's own statement (in link I provided) they are claiming that all pre-orders will ship by today.
I got sick of waiting and walked into a Staples first thing this morning and bought one, didn't pre-order through Staples or anything.
I'll be calling Google and cancelling the order, if they won't let me cancel I'm sure I'll be able to sell the extra one, unless my wife decides she wants one:p

Man I wish I had your cash lol. Yesterday I went to office depot to buy one and my card was declined! I'm guessing cause google still has my money on hold

ack154

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

To be fair, it is still VERY early in the day on the 17th. If everything is supposed to ship by today, they still have the whole day to get that completed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc