No working Amazon app.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My Amazon.come app isn't compatible with my N7. Bummer I use that a lot. Doesn't seem to be an official one that is compatible with -- am I missing something?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My Amazon.come app isn't compatible with my N7. Bummer I use that a lot. Doesn't seem to be an official one that is compatible with -- am I missing something?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

Go the Amazon Full Site and download it from there.....the one from the Goonie Play Store will not work.

Reactions: ShaggyKids

dan428

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Go the Amazon Full Site and download it from there.....the one from the Goonie Play Store will not work.

actually that won't really work either.. since you can only download via phone link, and nexus 7 isn't a phone. I was able to download from amazon's app store though, works great (though not really optimized for tablet)

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So you kinda have to sideload the Amazon Appstore in order to kinda sideload the Amazon Mobile Store?

I love Android.

iOS folk would just weep silently into their $8 coffee drinks and then give up without fully understanding why.

That being said, I can't seem to find the Amazon Mobile app in the App Store. Tips?

dan428

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So you kinda have to sideload the Amazon Appstore in order to kinda sideload the Amazon Mobile Store?

I love Android.

iOS folk would just weep silently into their $8 coffee drinks and then give up without fully understanding why.

That being said, I can't seem to find the Amazon Mobile app in the App Store. Tips?

You just need to do a search for "amazon mobile".. should come up as first result.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's right there... sorry. I think I was conducting searches in my file browser without realizing it.

Thanks for that.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
This is why apps signal the death of the Internet. The full Amazon site works extremely well with a tablet so I see no need to use the app.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
This is why apps signal the death of the Internet. The full Amazon site works extremely well with a tablet so I see no need to use the app.

Remember: the iPhone was launched with WebApp support only. It wasn't until Apple realized they could make gangloads of money and silo the experience that they went with 'Apps'.

Android has a different approach: use apps if you want, even charge for them, but our users are smart enough to realize the world wide web provides the functionality you are attempting to address already, and aren't about to roll over for glossy buttons. If you're rebranding the web, 'free' is about all you can expect.

I spend gangloads on Android apps, they all just happen to be doing something I can't get elsewhere with a click in a browser window.

dan428

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
not sure what you mean by "the death of the internet".. but you're right in that amazon does have a well-designed site. But I still feel that there's generally a better shopping experience when you're in a native environment on your device that is specifically designed for touch interface.. rather than clumsily navigating through a site designed primarily for desktop users (mouse + keyboard).

Though their current app could certainly use some updates.. quality is clearly lagging behind their iOS version.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
As I see it, the debate revolves around that the idea that the freedom of the internet is being siloed by operating system developers in thier 'App' platforms.

The internet was once a free thing, freely available, freely created, freely consumable from just about any device that implemented a method to consume or edit HTML: from Lynx to Mosaic to Chrome, it was there--in some form--for you to peruse and create. Apps change all that, now experiences with the world wide web are being contained in siloes, be it Apple's or Google's. There is something lost in all of this, and it is our duty to remain cognizant of it and vigilant in the world wide web maintaing its accessibility for all, even those without smartphones or fancy tablets.

I'm not saying we are forgetting where we came from, many of us aren't--but there is a threat, a concern, that this freedom is being corrupted.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
the direct link on Amazon's site ( the no email link) will install and work fine

Exactly. I don't know what all the fuss and bother about copying APKs from a phone came from.

1. Set your Nexus up so you can sideload (Settings, Applications, Unknown Sources = CHECKED)
2. Go to Amazon.com find a link to download the app store (when I browse to Amazon.com in Dolphin, there's a link for "Get Amazon Apps for Android" front-and-center. I click on that and the third link is "Amazon Appstore for Android". I click on that and a "Save As" link comes up.
3. Launch the APK to install the App Store.

Repeat as desired for Amazon Mobile, Price Check, Kindle, Amazon MP3, IMDB, Audible, and Zappos. Though really everything else except maybe Kindle works just fine using the web, so the Appstore and Kindle are the only things you really need to install unless you just like having Amazon apps on board.

(having said that, the Amazon Mobile app is kinda neat, but I just use the mobile web site).

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Most people run into one stumbling block and then just give up and post here with "Break News guess what else does not work." before trying to figure out if there is another way.

Meeh

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has a pretty fancy app for their kindle fire lol... Guess it's only for their 7incher.

Sent from my MB860 using Android Central Forums

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Most apps work fine on the Nexus, but the Fire is built around Amazon. It's what I say anytime we have one of the millions of "Kindle Fire Killer" threads. You don't buy a Kindle for the version of Android. You buy it for the ergonomic UI and the amazon ecosystem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12