Just got my nexus

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
When anyone else took theirs out if the box, was the battery completely dead? Mine is and I got so worried trying to turn it on and nothing happened. But it's charging now.

sdesocio

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine was at 30% and the tape on the sides was already cut. Everything was present, and all wrapped up, but I think there must have been some issue with logistics.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus just showed up a couple minutes ago. Since I'm at work and there's no access to wifi, I guess I'll just charge it.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine was at 30% and the tape on the sides was already cut. Everything was present, and all wrapped up, but I think there must have been some issue with logistics.

Did you ask them to setup your account for you? They may have opened the box to do that.

I would have thought the account setup would be similar to the way Amazon handles the Kindle, where the serial number of a device is associated with the account, but you never know. It could also be what is holding up some people's pre-orders (including mine). If they had told me that account setup would have added to the the order fulfillment time I would not have opted for it and would have typed my email and password in myself!

vwwolfe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The tape on mine was cut as well, and another piece put over the ones that were cut. I wonder if this had anything to do with the delay. Mine was not customized.

Local_Hero

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Mine had two pieces of black sticker on each side. Like maybe someone opened it and closed it again. Not sure if this is related to the N7 already having my google id on it.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you ask them to setup your account for you? They may have opened the box to do that.

I would have thought the account setup would be similar to the way Amazon handles the Kindle, where the serial number of a device is associated with the account, but you never know. It could also be what is holding up some people's pre-orders (including mine). If they had told me that account setup would have added to the the order fulfillment time I would not have opted for it and would have typed my email and password in myself!

do you know if there is a place where you can see if you asked for that? I'm not sure if i did or not.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
UPS just rang the door bell ;)
My Nexus 7 box was sealed on both sides, had approx. 30% battery left on it when I started it up.
Just finished my 1st update :cool:

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine was totally out of battery, so I had to charge it. I had it delivered to work, so it's totally useless until I get home and can connect to wifi anyway. I went across the street to Starbucks and logged in at least.

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well mine was nicely sealed, doesn't look like anyone touched it. Charging as it right now and damn this thing is amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

vwwolfe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Let me clarify. Mine was sealed. But it was sealed with a seconds set of the black tape placed over the first that had been cut.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When anyone else took theirs out if the box, was the battery completely dead? Mine is and I got so worried trying to turn it on and nothing happened. But it's charging now.

Was at about 30% but I put the charger on it to play and then let it charge for like 6 hours when I was done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol