Google "saved" themselves by changing their shipping estimate

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Saw this on the help page now:

We're now shipping Nexus 7 preorders. Many US and Australia preorders are scheduled to ship by July 17th.

It no longer says ALL. So for those of you like myself, looks like we may be in for a long wait. This is absolute BS.....

Last edited:

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google just "saved" themselves by changing the wording

SERIOUSLY? That's it. As soon as I get home I'm going to yell at someone from google. I don't care who it is. I'm going to cancel my order SOMEHOW because this is RIDICULOUS

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I called it when i saw the 3-4 weeks change, I'm on the phone waiting right now (going on 20 mins waiting). This is unacceptable. They shipped to people who ordered Friday, thus not a preorder. They filled orders before preorders, there's no excusing them at this point. I couldn't be more unsatisfied with Google right now.

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried that yesterday. Just no. UGHHH need to call my bank see if they can cancel googlespre auth charge. I could've gotten my nexus yesterday but there wasn't enough money in my account because of google holding my money invisibly.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I called it when i saw the 3-4 weeks change, I'm on the phone waiting right now (going on 20 mins waiting). This is unacceptable. They shipped to people who ordered Friday, thus not a preorder. They filled orders before preorders, there's no excusing them at this point. I couldn't be more unsatisfied with Google right now.

Yeah I know what u mean man. But there is still some time left for them. Be hopeful guys!

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You are on hold because everyone is calling to ask where their device is. If people wouldn't do that then those who need to get through could. I had the same problem dealing with my nephews which was defective.

It's being reported that the 16g model is becoming scarce.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm more confident that I made the right decision to stop by a Staples on the way to work this morning. When I got up and saw no activity on my 7/7 order I knew it wasn't shipping today. I think they are just getting into the part 2 of this debacle which is when they completely run out of stock of N7's and it being at a minimum 10 to 14 days before all pre-orders are shipped. Actually I could see a not completely unlikely scenario where it's well into August before things are straightened out. Google blew, it's that simple.

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Its quite obvious the 16gb model ran out. The problem is that these were preorders, even if they couldn't meet demand, they know how many preorders they had, and they knew how many they were shipping to stores. They would have known they weren't going to meet demand. However, instead of admitting it, giving us some info we can work with, doing the best they can in the meantime, they pretended like everything was perfectly fine, then went silent, and have ignored a huge demand for a statement from them.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well i've called all gamestops in the area. None have any available.
I don't have a single staples store within a 50 mile radius
And of all the office depots i called, one said they are getting a shipment in tomorrow.

I think i may be going into work late tomorrow and see if they have it in stock and pick that bad boy up, i'm sick of this

edgeless

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just found one at a staples nearby, heading there now. Sorry google, ive had enough, good luck charging my empty account.

Good luck with that! I tried that yesterday. I had enough money in my account for one Nexus 7 so I figured that if I bought it then google couldn't ship me my tablet cause I didn't have enough funds. What ended up happening was that my card was declined at the register!

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to cancel my order. I've left a cancellation request on Google Wallet. Nothing.

They'll end up shipping this to me. I'll have to refuse shipment.

Too bad. I got mine already. Now I'm trying to make it easier for somebody else to get theirs.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Saw this on the help page now:

It no longer says ALL. So for those of you like myself, looks like we may be in for a long wait. This is absolute BS.....

Thanks for posting that. That is really bad on their part. I ordered on 6/27 11 AM for the 16 GB w/case, and I've heard nothing. I figured it would be shipped tonight, but after reading that I know I won't get it.

I'm on hold right now with the Play Store. I just want to confirm that mine won't ship. A local staples has the 16 GB in stock, so I'll just contest the charge (based on their lack of good faith by changing that post, I took screenshots) and refuse the shipment and pick one up there.

That is so shady. At least send an e-mail out. Gosh.

You should open a main thread with that info. I'm sure not many people know it.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Well i've called all gamestops in the area. None have any available.
I don't have a single staples store within a 50 mile radius
And of all the office depots i called, one said they are getting a shipment in tomorrow.

I think i may be going into work late tomorrow and see if they have it in stock and pick that bad boy up, i'm sick of this

What I've heard is that the stores are prohibited from selling them since they want to focus on pre-orders. Yes, they are still calling it "pre" at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton