Nexus 7 already knew my email address during setup help

kryptalivian

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This freaked me out a little bit. I opened my Nexus 7 which I just received, and it asked for my password to wireless. I entered it, and the next screen popped up that asks for your email, but to my surprise i found it already had my Google account added and was asking for my password. How in the world did it know my email without me typing anything in? It is pretty amazing but scary at the same time that it knew that. Any answers would be great.

Thanks,

KryPtAlIvIaN

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
FYI Phil posted that if u didn't check the box that your device will come ready to go just add password. Old news

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

7zero

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Very true; but seriously...what happens to my e-mail address on my preordered N7? If I refuse delivery, will Google wipe my e-mail address from that specific N7?

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Very true; but seriously...what happens to my e-mail address on my preordered N7? If I refuse delivery, will Google wipe my e-mail address from that specific N7?
If they don't, I think it would be more disappointing to the next owner than a problem for you. They can't connect to your account without your password.

Reactions: 7zero

jajohns

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sure glad you still have to enter a password during setup. When I received my Nexus 7 today, it had somebody else's email address associated with it. Bit of a surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair