So I checked a couple of minutes ago to see if I can contact google and guess what I didn't see? The number for support. Not sure if it's a mistake or google trying to worm it's way out
    07-17-2012 04:10 PM
    855-836-3987
    07-17-2012 04:13 PM
    I was on hold 70 min. and just hung up. The guy just told me that the cases were an issue getting in stock, but they have them all now. And they are doing everything they can to get all orders to UPS within the next couple days. As long as we preordered we should hear something very soon. He even said my order is fully boxed and ready and just waiting to be shipped (whether that's true or not).

Standard rabble, but he did take the time to look up my order and assured me not to worry and I would not have to wait another 3-4 weeks or anything crazy like that. Since I preordered (on the 27th with case) I would receive shipping notification soon.

We'll see
    jaguar10301 and qnet like this.
    07-17-2012 04:17 PM
    That sounds good though I'm pretty sure it's just bs so they can calm us down
    07-17-2012 04:27 PM
    FYI -

If you call the Google Play CS line now they just play a message to tell you "We're unable to take your call at this time. Please hang up and try again later. Thanks for your patience, we're looking forward to speaking to you again soon. Goodbye."

Either they are swamped with calls, or they just decided to stop answering calls until this blows over. I'm betting it is the latter, but either way this is confirmation to me that they mishandled the pre-order process completely.
    07-17-2012 05:01 PM
    They have also changed their "When will my preorder ship?" section in the Help Home.

When will my preorder ship?
    We’ve had incredible demand for our new Nexus 7 tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. When your device ships you will receive a notification from Google Play with a shipping tracking number. We will have all orders processed and shipped soon.

Below is a list with more specific details by country:

In the US: We’ve shipped all Nexus 7 8GB orders. By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining Nexus 7 16GB orders by end of next week with overnight shipping.

In Canada: We’ve shipped all Nexus 7 8GB orders. We are in the process of shipping Nexus 7 16GB orders and will ship them in 1-2 weeks.

In the UK: All Nexus 7 8GB orders will ship by July 20 (BST). All Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through June 30 (BST), will ship by July 20 (BST). The remaining Nexus 7 16GB orders will ship next week.

In Australia: All Nexus 7 8GB and Nexus 7 16GB orders will be fulfilled by the end of day on July 19 (AEST) and will arrive in 3-5 days.
    When will my preorder ship? - Google Play Help
    WingsMSU12 and hichris123 like this.
    07-17-2012 05:11 PM
    ROTFL

they have NO idea what they're doing with this launch.

kind of funny, except for the fact that I still don't have my Nexus 7.
    07-17-2012 05:15 PM
    Thats good to hear while I'm patiently waiting for mine.
    07-17-2012 05:17 PM
    ROTFL

they have NO idea what they're doing with this launch.

kind of funny, except for the fact that I still don't have my Nexus 7.
    True Story. Im also surprised Gizmodo havent picked up this latest android flop to poke fun of, since Gizmodo is a glorify Apple fan.
    07-17-2012 05:20 PM
    There used to be a form you could send, and Customer Service people would call you back. Handy from Australia. It's now gone.
    07-17-2012 05:21 PM
    Is there a different number I can call to cancel my order that I placed on the 16th? I ordered from Staples since they had a earlier delivery time. I emailed support but have not heard back. I tried calling but gave up after 30 minutes on hold. Bank is still showing a charge from them.
    07-17-2012 05:21 PM
    Well at least they are giving estimates now. Hope they are true. Because being in the dark all week and seeing others who ordered after me receive theirs already has been pretty sucky.
    barquentine likes this.
    07-17-2012 05:23 PM
    Well at least they are giving estimates now. Hope they are true. Because being in the dark all week and seeing others who ordered after me receive theirs already has been pretty sucky.
    They are not true. It's the 18th here now. Mine was supposed to have shipped yesterday going by that notice. It's still in limbo.
    07-17-2012 05:36 PM
    I preordered the N7 & case on 6/28 and they finally pre-charged my account. I still have no other info. I assume I'll hear something by tomorrow hopefully. If it's going to be delivered later in the week, I almost would rather have it delivered Monday since I work all day Friday.
    07-17-2012 05:40 PM
    All the more reason why I am happier than a bee in honey that I went to a local B&M store and BOUGHT THE LAST NEXUS 16GB they had...this is really messed up...I am just going to forget I ever even ordered it...
    07-17-2012 06:12 PM
    They have a page - Contacting Support - Nexus Help - that you punch your number in and they call you back immediately to put you on hold. My 16GB showed up with the worst LCD display I have ever seen. Washed-out gray mess with flickering and static. They must have umpires moonlighting as inspectors. Paid $14 for shipping and now I've got a broken out of the box device.

The bad thing about this is that it allows the iHerds to laugh as if Apple has never had display problems. Google supposedly made this tablet in order to show hardware makers how it's done and what did they do? Sent out a clearly defective unit. Imagine I'm not an Android user who's rooted and has dabbed with ROMs. Imagine I'm not an IT pro who builds his own PCs. Right out of the box, there was no way to bypass the wifi setup in order to get the MAC address to add to my router's whitelist. Then the screen is pure crap. A normal John or Jane Q was supposed to get this over a Fire why again?

I am disappoint.

EDIT: OK, this is very weird. While I've been waiting on hold, the screen suddenly started to get good. Really good. Transformers 3 and my photos and comics look good. Huh?

EDIT 2: Spoke too soon? As soon as I wake it up after making the last update, the screen is crap again. WTFF?!??!
    07-17-2012 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD