eBooks on nexus?

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
How do I transfer my ebooks to my nexus 7? I have a whole bunch of them and I use a mac...

oh and the books are in epub format.

Nevermind, I figured it out!

Last edited:

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually downloaded kindle and coolreader and none of them worked so I went and got Aldiko Book Reader. And when u open the android transfer application on mac create a new folder called eBook and just drag and drop your ebooks into the folder. When finished go to Aldiko and check off the eBook folder and hit import to Aldiko. And all of your books will be in your library so you can delete them from the ebooks folder.

Let me know if you still are having trouble I will try to explain the part that is unclear to you.

gimpy_hb

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Endroidable I love you!!! I've been looking for 2 hours everywhere before I found this thread. Same thing works on windows you just have to make a new folder yourself on the nexus in windows. Only downside didn't see a select all tab in aldiko and I had to put in 600+ books :(

Reactions: EnDroidable

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Endroidable I love you!!! I've been looking for 2 hours everywhere before I found this thread. Same thing works on windows you just have to make a new folder yourself on the nexus in windows. Only downside didn't see a select all tab in aldiko and I had to put in 600+ books :(

Thanks. When you select the whole folder that's basically the "select all" I have 200 books and I selected them all one by one too it was a hassle then I saw that I could select the whole folder :D

drjukie

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I actually downloaded kindle and coolreader and none of them worked so I went and got Aldiko Book Reader. And when u open the android transfer application on mac create a new folder called eBook and just drag and drop your ebooks into the folder. When finished go to Aldiko and check off the eBook folder and hit import to Aldiko. And all of your books will be in your library so you can delete them from the ebooks folder.

Let me know if you still are having trouble I will try to explain the part that is unclear to you.

I need help with this issue. I don't have ebook reader but I have got few books on pdf. Only reason that I bought nexus 7, was to be able to transfer my pdf books to the nexus and read them there. But I can't do it and I didn't get exactly how you managed this. Can you explain to me.

sinisalo

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Calibre is for converting .lit or.rtf or basically any type of file into .epub or .mobi whichever your eBook reader supports.

Calibre is for more than just converting books. It's a great library manager and works as a server as well. So you can use Aldiko or FBRreader (among others) and connect to Calibre to transfer books.

Just google on how to do it or check out the Mobile Read forum. It's a great place for ebook related information and covers Calibre as well.

MobileRead Forums

ximile

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
you can make a folder on your nexus (pdf), download adobe acrobat or many of the other ebook readers (pdf/epub). Then just open to the destination of your pdfs. thats how i did it on my N7

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I need help with this issue. I don't have ebook reader but I have got few books on pdf. Only reason that I bought nexus 7, was to be able to transfer my pdf books to the nexus and read them there. But I can't do it and I didn't get exactly how you managed this. Can you explain to me.

1. Get a reader app. (I downloaded the Mantano Lite reader app, which reads .pdf and .epub files.)
2. Hook your Nexus 7 up to a PC/MAC.
3. On the Nexus 7, create a folder, "eBooks"
4. Copy the pdf/epub files to eBook.
5. Some readers will automatically recognize them. You may need to "import" them for some readers.

SArora13

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So I have a mac also and I did all that you said. I downloaded Aldiko and got my books on Nexus. The books show the title but they are completely blank.
Do you know what the issue might be?

Kaileigh Nearhoof

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I did everything you said and when I go to click on the book (which has no picture), it's a white blank screen. I'm getting SOOOO frustrated over this. /':

SArora13

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I may just download calibre and convert them.

Downloaded Calibre. Unable to convert because of DRM issues. HELP!:-\

Last edited: