Trade iPad 2 for Nexus 7 Tablet

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't advise it. It is a nice tablet for sure but I could never see it replacing my iPad. But I am sure this decision rests a lot on your personal usage pattern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So long as you prefer the 7" size and think its advantages outweigh its disadvantages in comparison to a 9.7" screen, then I'd say yes. Another consideration is the fact that if you've only invested into the iOS ecosystem until this point, it might be a little pricey to get a lot of the apps you'll want when coming over to android.

Reactions: DKHuber

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought one in addition to my iPad2 to see if I could make the eventual transition to Android (for both phones and tablets). I enjoyed the OS, speed/fluidity, and form factor of the Nexus 7, but there were several quality issues that are more in line with it's $200 price tag (instead of the $400 iPad price point).

I ended up returning the Nexus 7 to Sams Club due to freezing/restarts (which has unfortunately reduced my confidence in Android). At this point, there is no way I (personally) would trade my iPad2 for the Nexus 7. However, I may have just had bad luck; havent decided if I want to try a 2nd one. (I WANT to like Android!).

If its an option: I would recommend you keep your iPad2 and buy one from a local store (so you can return it if it doesn't satisfy your needs/desires). Then if it does work well for you, you can sell the iPad!

Reactions: DKHuber

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
No. If you trade your iPad2 at Amazon or sell it, you will get more for it than the value of a Nexus 7. If it's in good shape that is.

taarkan

May 10, 2010
Visit site
As far as value the iPad would be worth more. Of course I really can't go back to iOS after using ICS/Jellybean. The Android OS is far more worth the change to me than size or screen tech. The Nexus 7 is a very nice device hardware-wise at a $200-249 price point.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I did exactly this--traded the iPad 2 for the N7. I just got my N7, so can't comment on the results yet. So far, so good. I don't anticipate missing the iPad. It never really found a way into my heart--I think the size, lack of ability to customize, and the fact that next to Android, iOS feel really dated to me. I think the next week or two will determine if it was the best decision FOR ME.

jgayle10

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I did it. Sold my ipad 2 on Tuesday and ordered my Nexus 7 that night. I received it yesterday and I couldn't be happier. The 7" form factor is great and much more portable than an ipad. And since I use all google services the switch was a no-brainer. I always felt like there was something missing from the ipad while using it with gmail, drive, and other google services.

droidguy15

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
OK, here's my take on this issue. I love my Skyrocket and wouldn't want any other phone at the moment. I received my Nexus on Monday and I must say it's a nice device. It's great for e-book reading, and mild web surfing as well as email. But, I would not, in a million years, trade my iPad 2 for this device. In my opinion, comparing these two devices is like comparing apples to oranges. Quite frankly, other than a reader, I don't' know what I would use the Nexus for.

Android is my choice for phones for many reasons. But, Apple really has their stuff together for the tablet market. The iPhone stinks as a phone, but the iPad is a great tablet. The Nexus is not; it's a great e-reader. I do however, think there is a lot of potential for this device. It needs to be bigger! A 7 inch tablet is annoying. Also, keep in mind you get what you pay for; $200 vs $700. Just my two cents.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kdskinner

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 7 is my first Android device. I also have an iPad 1 that I bought on day 1 of sales. I am starting to get used to Android and I really like the 7 inch form factor but so far I still like my iPad better. It just may be a familiarity issue for me but I am having several little niggling problems with my Nexus 7. None are show stopping but one that is bugging more than the others is that although I can connect just fine with wireless G at home I cannot connect to mt wireless N. This is the only device I own that cannot connect to my wireless N although my brother couldn't connect to it with his laptop when he was visiting me. We never found out why...

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 7 is my first Android device. I also have an iPad 1 that I bought on day 1 of sales. I am starting to get used to Android and I really like the 7 inch form factor but so far I still like my iPad better. It just may be a familiarity issue for me but I am having several little niggling problems with my Nexus 7. None are show stopping but one that is bugging more than the others is that although I can connect just fine with wireless G at home I cannot connect to mt wireless N. This is the only device I own that cannot connect to my wireless N although my brother couldn't connect to it with his laptop when he was visiting me. We never found out why...

It is probably 5ghz. The nexus is not able to connect to 5ghz networks. If you have the ability to run you 802.11n on 2.4ghz, then your nexus will connect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

guy24w

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have all apple products. (iPhone, macbook, and apple tv) The Nexus was my first android device and it really is a great product. I just dont seem to use it all that much because it just doesnt work that easy with everything else I use. Id be very interested in trading it for an iPad 2.

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPad and bought the nexus. Best decision I ever made. I hated that damn oversized iPod touch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have all apple products. (iPhone, macbook, and apple tv) The Nexus was my first android device and it really is a great product. I just dont seem to use it all that much because it just doesnt work that easy with everything else I use. Id be very interested in trading it for an iPad 2.

Bingo.

I can't take my hands off my nexus but it doesn't really fit my household, everything else being apple products that "just work" with each other. I love my nexus, but if I had an ipad2 I would sell it to buy an iPad 3, not downgrade to an inferior product. Its not a disrespect to the nexus 7, its just the nexus 7 is a Honda, kindle fire is a KIA, and an iPad is a Mercedes, not really comparable products.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus is only $200; if you can afford an iPad, cut back on your personal spending/morning coffee/what have you and use that money to buy it. They're pretty different, and there are situations where you'd want one over the other.

I'd only trade if you really dislike the size of the iPad, and want to move to a smaller tablet in general.

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't advise it. It is a nice tablet for sure but I could never see it replacing my iPad. But I am sure this decision rests a lot on your personal usage pattern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree. I love my iPad. Keep it.