Google Play Issues on Nexus 7

kgi4

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have experienced a number of new Google Play issues that began with the moment I connected my Nexus7 to my existing Google account.

Has anyone else had this or other issues with Google Play ordering or anything else connected with the Nexus7?

Has anyone else gotten a whole slew of various media items that they didn't order, appear on their Google Play "My Orders and Settings" list?

Has anyone found a way to remove these "free" items from the list? (So you can more easily find the things you did order?)

Forcing Media onto your account or device, with no way to prevent it or remove it, is alot more intrusive than a "recommendation". :-\

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine came with Transformers Dark of the Moon, a Bourne book, and like 5 magazines, as well as a $25 store credit. They told us they were going to give us free stuff as an incentive to buy the tablet. I guess I don't understand what your problem is...

kgi4

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for replying -

I wish I could remove it somehow, as it creates alot of clutter in my ordering screen. Also, I was expecting a more "polite" freebies mechanism which would OFFER these items, and allows us to choose, yes or no to each one.

I dont want to be surprised when I go to look at my Ordering screen and see stuff I didn't order, either charged to me or for free - It's about freedom to choose what goes on my device-BEFORE it gets there, taking up resources.

Any one else have an opinion?

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The impression I got upon ordering my Nexus and reading some reviews was that it would come with all of the Google Play freebies preloaded.

For me, this is a "polite freebies mechanism" because I haven't seen the new Transformers movie and I enjoy Bourne books, so for those things to be preloaded just means I get free stuff that I don't have to bother downloading/buying myself. *shrug*

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
They did it because they wanted to show off their media offerings and they had those widgets preloaded and didn't want them to be empty.

They really want to push the media angle of the N7, it might be annoying to you, but if it helps the platform be successful that benefits you too.

Reactions: phillyhtc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze