File Manager

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
It appears that the 7 shipped without any kind of file manager (at least I didn't see one).

I am needing a very simple file manager as this tablet is going to my mother, a big reader, and she will need to sideload e books.

The Prime had a pretty good and simple file manager that would probably work for her. But the file managers on the play store seem like they could cause her confusion.

Anyone know of a good simple file manager or better yet, a file manager that I could set up to only show the folders she will need to side load the books?

Thanks

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to use ES file Explorer on my Kindle Fire (before i sold it to get my Nexus 7). It was free and worked pretty well. Hope this helps.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It appears that the 7 shipped without any kind of file manager (at least I didn't see one).

I am needing a very simple file manager as this tablet is going to my mother, a big reader, and she will need to sideload e books.

The Prime had a pretty good and simple file manager that would probably work for her. But the file managers on the play store seem like they could cause her confusion.

Anyone know of a good simple file manager or better yet, a file manager that I could set up to only show the folders she will need to side load the books?

Thanks

File Manager HD Tablet

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Thanks

Try Astro -- it's pretty easy to use, and if you configure it ahead of time can default a particular and folder location when you open it.

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys.

I have tried all of these except the Tablet HD one. Will take a look at that.

Most of them, while simple to us, are not going to be simple for my 75 year old mum.

Maybe I should just create an app that does nothing but move epub docs from downloads to nook\mydocuments with the press of a button.

Doesn't seem like it should be that hard???

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys.

I have tried all of these except the Tablet HD one. Will take a look at that.

Most of them, while simple to us, are not going to be simple for my 75 year old mum.

Maybe I should just create an app that does nothing but move epub docs from downloads to nook\mydocuments with the press of a button.

Doesn't seem like it should be that hard???

No, it doesn't...but then again, I'm not sure there's an app that does that.

The reason I suggested Astro is because you can go into the settings and choose the default starting folder...which may make it easier for a non-techie person to quickly open the app and see the file and then copy/paste. Others may be able to do this as well...

Vanilla Android doesn't come with a file browser, so whatever was on your other tab must have been pre-loaded on the prime or installed after the fact.

You could also go with something much simpler...
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...emanager&feature=search_result&token=sEGXJW79

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908