Ordered 16 gb model yesterday, it is arriving today.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't believe the hype about 3-4 weeks wait for the 16 gb model. I ordered mine yesterday at 10:30 AM EST and it will be arriving today in Cincinnati. It shipped from Louisville, KY. I ordered from the Play store.

Allan

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't believe the hype about 3-4 weeks wait for the 16 gb model. I ordered mine yesterday at 10:30 AM EST and it will be arriving today in Cincinnati. It shipped from Louisville, KY. I ordered from the Play store.

Allan

Congrats, still don't understand how or why they are not shipping some of our preorders. Ordered 6/28.

shaiy007

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow! That's pretty fast! I ordered one for a friend yesterday, I will have to go check my email now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No joke:

Order date: Jul 18, 2012 10:00 AM EDT
Google order number: 956722348522760-Google Inc. Order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shipping Status

Qty

Item

Price

Not yet shipped

Nexus 7 (16GB) - The first tablet from Google. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play.

$249.00

Shipping & Handling (Two Day Shipping) :

$13.99

Tax (OH) :

$17.01

Total:

$280.00

Just got this email today:

Thank you.

Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.

Order number:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Order date: Jul 18, 2012 10:00 AM EDT
Payment method: AMEX xxx-XXXXX

Purchased from:
Google, Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View
CA
United States

Ship to:
Allan Hensley
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cincinnati
OH
United States

Shipping Status

Quantity

Item

Price

Shipped
UPS #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nexus 7 (16GB)

$249.00

Shipping:

$13.99

Tax(OH):

$17.01

Total:

$280.00

So I checked the tracking number and it is out for delivery.

Last edited:

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
WTF!!!! Ordered (16GB no acc) on 7/7 just got the charge on my CC last night, but still no shipping information or email from Google confirming that the order is actually being processed.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
ok this somewhat sounds like a bragging thread.

However would just like to remind everyone google has till the end of the day today to ship your tablet if you ordered before the 11th.

They will most likely send you an email in the middle of the night like they did for me last night.
Just trying to help people not get too mad like i was lol ;)

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't trying to brag, I just wanted to let everyone know that if you were considering getting the 8 gb model because you didn't want to wait for the 16 gb model, you might not have to wait.

Reactions: AlphaVictor87

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Look, I'm not lying. I have a life and lying about when I ordered and when my tablet shipped isn't a part of it. This was a public service announcement to those who might order an 8gb model when they really want a 16gb model but don't want to wait for it. I decided the extra 8 gb was worth the wait, so I ordered the 16gb model just as it says in the emails above. I was surprised and shocked that the tablet had apparently shipped last night and that I would be receiving it today. I though I would share this information. I didn't think I would be called a liar for it. Believe what you will it doesn't change the truth.

Reactions: ep1963

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Look, I'm not lying. I have a life and lying about when I ordered and when my tablet shipped isn't a part of it. This was a public service announcement to those who might order an 8gb model when they really want a 16gb model but don't want to wait for it. I decided the extra 8 gb was worth the wait, so I ordered the 16gb model just as it says in the emails above. I was surprised and shocked that the tablet had apparently shipped last night and that I would be receiving it today. I though I would share this information. I didn't think I would be called a liar for it. Believe what you will it doesn't change the truth.

I wasn't calling you a liar but did think you were just messing with us. It's cool you're getting your tablet. I just don't understand Google and why they would do this.

Up to this point I coud sort of understand but, this just isn't right. Thanks for the info anyway, it just shows me how screwed up their process is and to never preorder.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Congrats, still don't understand how or why they are not shipping some of our preorders. Ordered 6/28.

I've got bad news for you.

I ordered a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7 on the 29th of June. Yesterday I received an email from a Google support guy saying that my phone order was affected by the Apple thing. The solution he gave me was to cancel the order and make a new one. I emailed him back to ask about the Nexus 7 and he said that it had been affected too. So I ordered the two items again, almost 3 weeks after I originally did it.

I hope yours ship today, but that's what happened to me.

:-\

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, like I said, I was sure I was going to be without for 3-4 weeks as it says on the Play store's website. I was pretty amazed when the shipping notification came today, and even more surprised when UPS said it was arriving today.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site

I ordered a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7 on the 29th of June. Yesterday I received an email from a Google support guy saying that my phone order was affected by the Apple thing. The solution he gave me was to cancel the order and make a new one. I emailed him back to ask about the Nexus 7 and he said that it had been affected too. So I ordered the two items again, almost 3 weeks after I originally did it.

Like I said, UPS says it is out for delivery. I am sorry you are having issues. I guess I got lucky.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

It sounds like they're just making things up now. The OP wouldn't be having his delivered today if that was the case. I also ordered the Gnex back then and have it, I've had it for almost three weeks.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like they're just making things up now. The OP wouldn't be having his delivered today if that was the case. I also ordered the Gnex back then and have it, I've had it for almost three weeks.

From what he tells me, the problem is not with new orders, just with old orders (preorders before the ban). Sounds shifty, but nothing was shipping so I reordered.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, well I got it, but the speaker is blown. So back it goes. Anyone know who I call to send it back? I know google, but I wasn't having much luck finding a phone number on the play.google.com site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante