How to find/configure speech to text?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would like to learn to speak into both my Rebound and my N7. When. I speak into the speaker on my home screen on my N7 all I get to happen is for Google search results to display in a browser page. I've not tried to do this on my phone at all.

I'd like to be able to use this function to do texting, email and make to-do notes and things for myself and maybe open apps etc.

Where do I find what app(s) I need and a how to? Hope I don't need multiple apps to accomplish this.

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

rn701

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
On any form with a text input box where you normally type, you will see a little microphone button. Tap that and start talking.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay that seems just a little too easy but I found a speaker icon on my keyboard and I'm trying it on this post. It looks like if I use it I'm going to be spending a LOT of time backspacing and fixing what I say.

It's taken me more than dozen tries to get my words into this post so that it can be read and understood. It appears it works on a soundex basis. I had to do a lot of fixing in order so that it says what I said instead of what it heard. Looks like I will have to learn to enunciate MUCH better. :)

Does it just take a lot of practice to get the hang of it or is this just a crappy voice input feature on this particular keyboard?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC