I Am Amazed By This Thing

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got my nexus 7 this morning and its left me amazed, I know they messed the launch up and there may be a few faulty ones but is there anything this device cannot do? Games are amazing, screen quality is insanely good, Google now and directions work great, and jelly bean runs like a boss? You couldn't ask for much more from a ?160 device

Used to be blackberry but the nexus 7 pisses all over apple and rim and sends them crying home to mommy which is why I've ordered the galaxy s3 to complete my new collection

Hope everyone iS having as much fun on this as I am

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Loving mine too. I have a galaxy tab 10.1 and I'm enjoying my Nexus 7 solo much more!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm really enjoying my Nexus 7. Now I only use my Galaxy Nexus for a hot spot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7. 3 weeks ago I was using an iPhone 4S and new iPad... today I'm happily rocking my HTC One X and Nexus 7. Love all (ok, most) technology and Android has come so far, I love it and love using it. :)

Reactions: RichardRight

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. This is one heck of a tablet with the high end chip set and screen combined with Jelly Beans smooth transitions.

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just think its the combination of me never owning an android device before (no idea why) and switching over from a blackberry playbook and a blackberry curve, android and the nexus7 just offer so much more i even feel silly that i used to defend blackberry against everyone who gave it a bad name but now i realise just how far behind products like blackberrys are when compared with this beast

robbob88

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Happy to see a happy thread for once instead of most of the threads on this forum that are " ". From what I can tell this tablet is one hell of a beast for being only $199 and I CANNOT wait to get mine. I am a proud Galaxy Nexus owner (switched back from iPhone 4S) and am excited to add another Nexus device to my arsenal.

Also, I have decided that I will only own Nexus devices from now on, I love the vanilla Android experience compared to skins like TouchWiz.

rickshapiro

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been an IPAD 2 User for about 8 months, it was provided through work. I bought the Nexus 7 because I hated the limitations of my Kindle Reader and the size of the IPAD. I am blown away, cannot put the thing down. Android blows IOS away from a workflow perspective. The Nexus 7 performance is more then adequate. I've loaded this things up with some great applications. I am really amazed.

Guineaa

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Reading extremely positive comments from previous iPad owners makes me really happy. Hah.

I'm an iPad (3rd) owner too, not too impressed with the N7. Mainly because I read a lot of big paged PDF science journals with tiny font. Nexus kind of blows for that.

There's some serious lag rendering big PDFs on the nexus.

Last edited:

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I just think its the combination of me never owning an android device before (no idea why) and switching over from a blackberry playbook and a blackberry curve, android and the nexus7 just offer so much more i even feel silly that i used to defend blackberry against everyone who gave it a bad name but now i realise just how far behind products like blackberrys are when compared with this beast

I totally agree with you. I also came from Blackberry Torch myself about a month ago. I am rocking the g nex and i couldn't be happier. I also defended BlackBerry with tooth and nail but once I realized BB10 wont be any better then android just really equal at best. I told myself why wait till next year for the new BB. So i made the switch and couldn't be happier. I am also picking up the nexus 7 soon as well. The funny thing is that Rims new slogan of being a phone company for people getting done is a joke. As I am getting stuff done a lot faster with my nexus and highly doubt anything Rim releases will over take where android is now especially with Jelly Bean.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Agree rob. The nexus line is really becoming the only way to go lol. Can't wait to see if we get a few more nexus phones this year. Nexus 7 is pretty bad ass so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Silken1987

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Loving my Nexus 7. Even though I have an iPad 3 as my main tablet I can definitely see this becoming a central part of my daily use. Have used it a lot today during the daily commute and not had a single problem. Would be good to have 3G but that isn't a major problem as my 3 Mifi adaptor seems to work perfectly.

All in all, although not quite up there with the new iPad, this is a great little device and one I wouldn't hesitate in recommending to friends and family.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I go back to the iPad I'm blown away by how heavy and large the iPad is. The N7 does everything I need and it does it well. If the next nexus phone comes this year I'm all over it. JB is crushing iOS!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jbc28

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I too love this device. Today we had to drive to ATL to see a sick relative. I starred a few of our stops in Maps last night. This morning I plugged my phone and N7 up in car and tethered via WiFi. They stayed paired up for hours and Nav worked perfectly. I evened searched a particular restaurant along our route and detoured for lunch. Now I am sitting in the waiting room connected to free WiFi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance