Kindle and dropbox integration

quarky_uk

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

On my iPhone (and I am sure it was the same on my Playbook using the Android kindle app), I could open a mobi from dropbox, and it would open with Kindle.

After installing dropbox and kindle on the Nexus, it doesn't look like this is the case. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?

Thanks
Greg

pepperonijack

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Apparently you cannot do it directly. But what you can do is download the file (Export > Save to SD card) then open it in a file browser (it works with OI File Manager).
The best way to add a .mobi to your kindle library still is to send it to your kindle email address (it should be [your normal email username]@kindle.com, you can find it on the website), so that it is available and synchronized on all your devices.

Edit: I didn't see you figured it out already, good.

farima

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi, with regards to this post, could anyone tell me how I could upload all my ebooks from my kindle app on the nexus 7 into dropbox? I cannot see where these books are stored under storage. Is the file hidden? Any help would be much appreciated. I have tried using cloudpipes to find the file, but I cannot see the ebooks anywhere. There doesn't seem to be a file for them to upload them.

quarky_uk

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Are they Amazon bought books or just manually imported?

Any uploaded manually should be in the kindle folder, but books purchased from Amazon will be encrypted, and it is probably pointless copying them to dropbox.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

InfamousDX

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The best way to add a .mobi to your kindle library still is to send it to your kindle email address (it should be [your normal email username]@kindle.com, you can find it on the website), so that it is available and synchronized on all your devices.

I didn't know that! That's a nice tip, thx!

farima

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi thanks for your response, unfortunately they were bought on amazon, is it the same scenario for the books bought from google play too?

How would one save the books then so that we can access them whenever we want? Do they stay on our respective kindle and google play accounts for an infinite period?

quarky_uk

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
No "unfortunately" about it!

They will remain on the Amazon cloud, so you can download them to any Kindle app/device registered to you. If you are unsure, download Kindle for PC, and you will see that all the books you have purchased are still available to download from the Amazon cloud. Once you download them, they will stay until you delete them (or get rid of the device they are installed on), in which case you can always download them again.

Yep, it will be the same for Google Play.

eigentor

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
There is even an easier option. In Dropbox, when you click "export" there is a button on Android that sais "send to kindle". You can then choose to which devices it should be synchronized, and the stuff gets uploaded somewhere. You have to choose "Synchronize" once to really see the books then, but you are done.
This looks like Amazon allows to do this and has even implemented it.
Surprisingly not dongled down to insanity, chapeau, Jeff Bezos :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer