Wifi Direct on Nexus 7

CoherentFool

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having problems using Wifi Direct to transfer files from my S2 (ICS) to my Nexus 7 (JB). I'd be really interested if anyone has this working yet.

I set both devices to Wifi Direct, and they connect, but after a second or two they disconnect. When I try to transfer a file from the gallery on my S2, it just fails.

I also noticed that the S2 disconnects me from my wifi router while wifi direct is connected, but that's ok as it gave me a warning. The Nexus stays connected to my router while Wifi Direct is active though.

So, any tips to get this working?

Thanks,

Coherent.

TeittoJaqsun

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Could this ad-hoc issue be the reason that my nexus 7 cant find my wifi tethering from my Rezound? iPads, laptops find it no problem. The whole reason I unlocked my Rezound was so I could travel with my N7. Pardon my newbness...

Key06

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
WIFI Direct is not ad-hoc! Although at low level, they share stuff.
WIFI Direct is supported by JB. No problem with that.
You're problem is maybe a concurrent mode problem: the Nexus 7 is trying to maintain the regular link with you Access Point, while also performing WIFI Direct at the same time with you alternate device. Which is far from trivial from the WIFI chip point of view!
Technically, the chip must stop listening to the WIFI direct peer for some time to chat with the access point. Depending on how this is actually done, and depending on the WIFI direct peer device, the peer may considered it's been disconnected!

Try this: disconnect from your Access Point and do the same test: do you get disconnected as well?

falconmaltese

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any problem tethering my n7 to my atrix 4g. I just set the atrix up as a mobile hot spot N7 then just sees it as a WiFi access point. Android version on my phone is 2.3.4.

Are you using a hotspot app. There is a free one on Googleplay.
My phone had one already, its seems to work with anything. N7, touchpad ,also my son's iPad. I set mine up as a secure network, as I use it when I am out.

Last edited:

anirudha3501

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wifi Direct not working on my Nexus 7

i am not able to connect to any of the phones via wifi direct... eg. samsung s4 or note 3 and other phones . i am using nexus 7 and android 4.4.2....please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7