How do you charge your Nexus 7

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so i was wondering how everyone here charges their Nexus 7. Right now mine is at home sitting on the charger as it was about 35% when i woke up this morning and wanted to make sure it was fully charged when i get home from work.

Think that's too long for it to stay on the charger?

Or should i just use it like my phone, charge it at night then power it off during the day maybe?

Last edited:

Silken1987

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Have been charging mine as and when needed. Tonight I shall plug it in to charge and it'll be ready for me in the morning :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The past two nights in a row I charged it overnight to wake up to an almost dead tablet. (was using cable from my phone)

My phone cable can charge my phone from dead to full in less than 2 hours. And the provided cable/adapter for the N7 made my charge only go from 25% in an hour.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the Nexus 7 charges similar to my old BlackBerry. It's very picky about what cable to use and what charger. Of course the stock one works but my old BlackBerry charger works whereas my iPad charger doesn't. I just put it on to charge overnight regardless of how much I have left.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Def depends on what you are charging it with. Luckily I can use the same charger from my galaxy s3 and it charges pretty quickly and the cord is much longer.

Chisaki

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I charge mine with the cable provided connected to a powered USB hub that is connected to my computer. It charges overnight even with the computer turned off. It charges slower than with the provided 2 amp charger but that is better. Slower charging causes less battery heat and longer battery life.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems to either not be picky, or Amazon and Asus have similar specs. I have a long white cable that goes with a Kindle v4 and a charging cord for a Kindle Fire. Each devices (including the Nexus) cable will work on each other. I use the Nexus USB currently with the white cable as it's the most amperage and the longest cable.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have charged it twice since it arrived on Tue...Killing the battery each time. Its almost due for its 3rd charge now. Used the charger from my GN in the wall. Clearly I'm not using it much.

The Air is still my choice for getting things done. Posting in forums is especially tedious compared to using a laptop.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am using a HP touchpad charger. It charges real fast. Love those chargers. Glad I got a few extra ones.

Yeah, the TouchPad charger is so much nicer than the one that came with the Nexus. I'm just going to use that, now that you mention it.

Last edited:

Josefius

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the ASUS charger that came with my N7. It charges slow, but works pretty well. Of course the battery life lasts awhile too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If your like me and have super OCD about details of your devices and still own an oscilloscope. You will notice that the charger for the Nexus7 is alot similar to the charger for the Asus TF-101 in the fact that they run a deep cycle wave to charge with. True deep cycle charging is not the fastest method but it is the most complete method for a full charge. Lithium-ion type batteries that are not fully charged at least once every 2 weeks or so will slowly lose the capacity not being used.

ashok.raju75

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
If your like me and have super OCD about details of your devices and still own an oscilloscope. You will notice that the charger for the Nexus7 is alot similar to the charger for the Asus TF-101 in the fact that they run a deep cycle wave to charge with. True deep cycle charging is not the fastest method but it is the most complete method for a full charge. Lithium-ion type batteries that are not fully charged at least once every 2 weeks or so will slowly lose the capacity not being used.

zedorda, when you talk about this deep cycle wave, are you talking about the behaviour of the piece that plugs into the wall itself or the wire? I currently have a SGNex and a Nexus 7 and am trying to figure out the best combination of cables/plugs to carry with me. Right now I've just been carrying the charger for both the SGNex and the Nexus 7, but I was thinking if I just carried the Nexus 7 charger around it should be sufficient to charge both. I'm learning more and more that all these micro-USB cables aren't quite the same, so I just wanted to make sure.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
zedorda, when you talk about this deep cycle wave, are you talking about the behaviour of the piece that plugs into the wall itself or the wire? I currently have a SGNex and a Nexus 7 and am trying to figure out the best combination of cables/plugs to carry with me. Right now I've just been carrying the charger for both the SGNex and the Nexus 7, but I was thinking if I just carried the Nexus 7 charger around it should be sufficient to charge both. I'm learning more and more that all these micro-USB cables aren't quite the same, so I just wanted to make sure.

The plugin the wall part is what produces the deep cycle process and the cable may contribute but I can't be sure I don't have the tools to test to what degree. I have noticed the stock cable charges the N7 faster than the 3rd party cables I own.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Read the manual and states to only use the provided charging cable as your phone charger won't charge it all the way/correctly.

Reactions: myl0tt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34