Digital copies

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Going on a trip next weekend. I've never used the DC that come the blurays I buy. I heard they are only a one time transfer. Can these movies be saved to the N7 to watch offline? Example my Thor copy.

Jp5Cj2FGK2

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Going on a trip next weekend. I've never used the DC that come the blurays I buy. I heard they are only a one time transfer. Can these movies be saved to the N7 to watch offline? Example my Thor copy.

Pretty sure that's a no. The DC can only be transferred to iTunes or Media Player and then onto a suitable device that enforces DRM restrictions. As far as I know, you simply can't copy the movie over from your PC to the Nexus using a file manager.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Since you purchased a copy of the movie, in most states that permits you legally to download a "backup". Just download the mkv from thepiratebay or wherever and you won't have to worry about it. I always download the plain media file version of movies I own for convenience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You can also buy a software that removes the DRM from digital copies. The name escapes me at the moment

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Since you purchased a copy of the movie, in most states that permits you legally to download a "backup". Just download the mkv from thepiratebay or wherever and you won't have to worry about it. I always download the plain media file version of movies I own for convenience.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll head over to the bay. Sucks I can't do out direct like itunes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Robot-Bob

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Hi neo,

As far as I know, to get Digital Copy movies work on the Google Nexus 7 Tablet, you may have to remove DRM protection from the video.

The movie industry use the sugar coat Digital Rights Management lock the video on the DC. The Digital Copy, however, will not play on unauthorized devices due to DRM copy protection. Unfortunately the Android devices have not get a license to play DRM contents, which means Digital Copy movies will not even play on the Google Tablet. To ahieve your goal smoothly, you can follow a link below:

get Digital Copy movies work on Google Nexus 7 Tablet

10dorado

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does, but it seems to work in real time. That's to say that it looks like it has to play the entire movie to remove the software and it is making my CPU work like it never has before!

10dorado

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OK, this totally sucks! The free "trial" version puts a watermark right in the middle of the picture. I don't know if I can download it again and use a "for pay" converter to solve this..................................................

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My Bourne Legacy came with a digital copy, available via iTunes and playable on my PC, and a UV copy, which plays on my N7 via Flixster, offline.

Accessing the UV copy was a huge pain in the ar*e (involving registration with UV and Flixster) but now it's in place, it might influence me to buy a BD title if it includes a UV version.

CJREX

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I consider all the Digital Copies that come with a disc as a crock 'o crap.

Get software to rip your personally OWNED movies into a playable format.

pirate-movies1.jpg

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Whatever works. I'd have bought the 4th Bourne anyway, as I like the *brand*. As it happens, I've got the BD for home on the AV setup, the digital copy plays via iTunes on the PC, and the UV copy plays offline on both my N7 and Galaxy phone. So I've got all bases covered anyway without ripping anything.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Whatever works. I'd have bought the 4th Bourne anyway, as I like the *brand*. As it happens, I've got the BD for home on the AV setup, the digital copy plays via iTunes on the PC, and the UV copy plays offline on both my N7 and Galaxy phone. So I've got all bases covered anyway without ripping anything.

How did you get it offline on your N7? I can't figure that out.
Right now I have to stream anything UV through Vudu or Finster with NO options for saving them in memory for offline usage.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S 3 or my Nexus 7.

Old has beens.. LG flip - Droid X - Droid X2 - Droid Charge (3 days) - Droid Incredible 2

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
According to the access instructions I got with the disc, the UV version was delivered via Flixster.

I'd already registered with them for the initial retrieval so I installed the android version on my N7 and phone from the Play Store here:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ter.android&feature=nav_result&token=OaFMN8g1

Once I'd signed in to it on each device, the movie appeared, including a download option at 823Mb, which I did via my home wi-fi. I think someone posted a screenshot of the options you get.

As I've d/l it, I can watch it offline on both my android devices,

I've also got it on my PC (4.6Gb!) and whilst it pains me to use iTunes, it plays it fine. So with the disc, the digital d/l, the UV d/l, I can watch it on any of my screens whilst having it (legally) backed up on my kit and still in the cloud too :)

OK, you're directed to use specified media players (my default player, VLC, doesn't work) but I can live with that.

The initial registration was a PITA as initially Flixster/UV rejected the retrieval code but now that's overcome, any future purchases in the format should be trouble free.

HTH.

Last edited:

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I signed up on the Ultraviolet website when I bought my 1st digital movie over a year ago. At that time I saved a few movies to Flatter. I now have Flixster and Vudu. At home I have a Roku and a PS3 (no Flixster available on PS3). How can I combine these 2 accounts to use 1 app only on my GS3 and N7?

Also, is there any way to download a physical copy into my N7 to watch on a plane or wherever no wifi is available?

Thank you.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I signed up on the Ultraviolet website when I bought my 1st digital movie over a year ago. At that time I saved a few movies to Flatter. I now have Flixster and Vudu. At home I have a Roku and a PS3 (no Flixster available on PS3). How can I combine these 2 accounts to use 1 app only on my GS3 and N7?

Also, is there any way to download a physical copy into my N7 to watch on a plane or wherever no wifi is available?

Thank you.

All kinds of legal issues involved here. The short answer would be to see what can be accomplished with the applications available from FreeMake and streaming capture apps.

Freemake | Best Freeware Alternatives To Paid Video Software
Capture Streaming Video From Any Website With These 5 Tools

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Probably going to confuse people more, but as far as I can tell, you have to make sure you know what the Digital Copy version is... basically DVDs/Blu-rays come with 2 types:

1) Ultraviolet - As per above, using Flixster, Vudu, etc. and linking to your Ultraviolet account (I actually use both), you can redeem the UV code on Flixter/Vudu's site after logging in. The movie is then immediately available on Flixter/Vudu's sites or if you have the Android App, via the app on your phone/tablet. Within those apps/sites, there is a link to download the local/offline movie if you won't have Internet access.

2) Digital Copy - These appear on the DVD/Bluray box as "Digital Copy" without a Ultraviolet symbol. From what I can tell, most of it depends on the Production company... from personal experience, no Disney/Pixar films are UV capable (you can't even perform a Vudu "disc-to-digital" conversion). I'm sure there are other companies that are also incompatible, but as I have a Daughter that loves Pixar movies, this is especially a problem for me since she has a tablet and I'd like to have it loaded with her movies.

From what I can tell, #2 above can be redeemed on your Windows (perhaps Mac) computer by putting the Disc into your DVD drive, entering the code and it creates a folder for your Digital Copy. As part of this process, it asks if you want to make an iTunes compatible version, or Windows Media version. I don't use iTunes, so I've always chosen WM. I saw somewhere that you can supposedly hook your Android device up to your PC and using Windows Media player, sync the Digital Movie to it, but I have not been successful in doing so, I think because (as someone above said) Android doesn't handle iTunes or WinMedia DRM.

In the past, using AnyDVD and CloneDVD, I've been able to rip a DRM-free copy of videos, converting into a .WMV file that I can then copy to Android device and use a media playing app. I have not used these programs in some time, but would suggest that they are worth the investment for purchasing your own licenses for them. In that manner, you can actually just rip the DVD (or if your PC has one) or Bluray disk and save to your PC's hard drive that way as I think ripping the digital copy files is a lesser resolution and audio quality (if that matters to you).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm