Google Korean IME

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have it and Google Pinyin IME installed? Never noticed it until I installed Adobe Flash apk

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

howardknoah

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that I have both Korean and Japanese IME on my Nexus 7 but am having issues removing them. Any help would be appreciated.

Ehsan Maleki

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea, they are annoying. After the update to the Pinyin IME, there is now an actual app icon in the app drawer for it too, which makes it even more annoying. There has to be way to uninstall these if we don't need them...

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yea, they are annoying. After the update to the Pinyin IME, there is now an actual app icon in the app drawer for it too, which makes it even more annoying. There has to be way to uninstall these if we don't need them...

If rooted just go into system/app and delete or rename them.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
BLOATWARE ON MY NEXUS?! DAMN YOU GOOGLE! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

tumblr_l9i4abLVeD1qc073co1_400.gif

Breezy Beach

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
For non-rooted users:
Go to Settings - Apps - scroll to the ALL category - go to the apps (Google Korean Keyboard & Google Pinyin) - click force stop and clear any data/cache as well - click disable and wallahhhhh - check just to make sure the processes are not running for peace of mind

Reactions: Solange82200

sandyvern

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was crazy and somehow installed Google pinyin.... now to get rid of it.....

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a Google rep about this today. He said it was pushed out to everyone as they had been receiving tremendous demand - what they felt was sufficient to warrant it being in by default. Of course, he couldn't provide any insight as to why we aren't able to remove it...

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
A lot of older "tech disabled" asians don't know how to setup and use their phones. So when they don't see their "language" available they kind of don't know what to do. If they have people like us around they help them install the IME, but if they don't they just contact the manufacturer. I guess there were a lot of requests t have it included, and usually the language/apps included are not uninstallable. Although you can disable them.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I finally tried to remove but disable was the only option available. It did get rid of the update request so I am happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2