Local Retailer Availability?

Bunza Steele

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit that I got on this train a little late and started calling local Gamestop locations on 7/13. I figured that since they were one of the first to have availability, that would continue to be the case for them. So I signed up for their next wave of pre-orders the next morning. The employee told me at that time that they expected the next batch on 7/17 or 7/18.

I was watching threads here, and saw people picking them up at other retailers, but I didn't want to bother if mine was coming so fast. By 7/18 it was reported here that Gamestop would have their next batch severely delayed. I called my local store who said they hadn't heard anything like that, and they were still expecting them early next week or early the following week.

This vague timing and reports of their supply delay led me to think I should consider other options. I tried calling local retailers on the west side of Minneapolis, and, of course, I was too late. The current reports of Google's shipping of 16GBs has prevented me from ordering their as well.

My primary question is if people are seeing fresh current supplies at local retailers right now, or have you all already received your's and have moved on to having fun with it?

Thanks!

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Gaoes

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
when i had some free time last sunday, i decided to call around to see what the retailers would tell me in possible hopes of saving the shipping cost. we have two game stops, a sams club, and an office depot. sunday night the guy answering the phone for sams said they had like 4-6 on display and selling, sunday morning i called again so i didnt waste the gas, and the guy on the other end said they wernt allowed to sell them :confused:. game stop 1 told me they only had pre-orders in, and i could sign up for the next wave. didnt bother. i was out getting grocerys and stopped by game stop 2 (right next door) and he said they were showing next wave was sept 30th, passed again. office depot said they were expecting a shipment in "soon" probably over the course of this past week sometime, but mine came tuesday night so i didnt bother checking back in. at this point i'd guess they're all gone.

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Every where here is sold out but Thur Sam's club said they will receive 8 more in 3 days said should be on the floor by Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Bunza Steele

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just called the 2 closest Staples that were listed as low availability on the website. Both indicated that they couldn't sell their stock until tomorrow morning. ??? And one of the two said they only had 1 available to sell then.

rellyrellz

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I just called the 2 closest Staples that were listed as low availability on the website. Both indicated that they couldn't sell their stock until tomorrow morning. ??? And one of the two said they only had 1 available to sell then.

I checked Staples website and the Nexus 7 is in their ad for next week,so thats probably why they can't sell until tomorrow

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I checked Staples website and the Nexus 7 is in their ad for next week,so thats probably why they can't sell until tomorrow

I just picked one up at my local staples. Actually I exchanged the one I bought a week ago from staples due to a horizontal line of bad pixels in the lower third of the screen.

pawber

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I checked Staples.com this morning, the two closest stores to me showed limited quantity. The rest were out of stock.
I bought mine early this afternoon. Manager said I was the 1st person that asked for the Nexus 7. Their ad starts tomorrow, they had 4 in-stock. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL