Can I change what aps launch from the unlock screen?

tom49058

May 15, 2012
Visit site
If I slide up on the unlock screen it launches Google Now, all other directions take me to the home screen. Is there a way to assign aps to the other directions? If so where do I set that up?

twolane

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to get an answer to this too. My brother has JB on his Razr it his launcher has shortcuts to 3 or 4 different things, so I know it is possible. Maybe someone over at XDA has an answer?

ejraney

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You could try something like WidgetLocker or Go Locker if you don't mind a third party locker app.

Sent from my locked, stock, & unrooted 2.3.5 Moto Electrify

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If I slide up on the unlock screen it launches Google Now, all other directions take me to the home screen. Is there a way to assign aps to the other directions? If so where do I set that up?

You need to be rooted and have a custom ROM installed. CyanogenMod10 has this feature.

There are also 3rd party apps that can replace your lockscreen, but they are too laggy for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I get the home screen on slide open. Are you sliding up or down? Up gives me GN down is the home screen.

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Widget Locker looks like poo on the Nexus. I may have a setting issue but I couldn't get it to work. The clock interface is a widget on it's own so instead of it replacing the standard lock screen it gave me two tiny little boxes, one with the clock and google locker and one with widget locker. It's hard to describe, just trust me that it looks like poo. Better yet, try it yourselves and be amazed at the poo-ness of it.

ejraney

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Widget Locker looks like poo on the Nexus. I may have a setting issue but I couldn't get it to work. The clock interface is a widget on it's own so instead of it replacing the standard lock screen it gave me two tiny little boxes, one with the clock and google locker and one with widget locker. It's hard to describe, just trust me that it looks like poo. Better yet, try it yourselves and be amazed at the poo-ness of it.

I have basically stopped using WidgetLocker on my phone because for some reason it does not play nicely with my Electrify. I have been very happy with GO Locker though. With that said, I am running the stock locker on my N7 because I don't need quick access to the same apps as I use on the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2