headphone problem, audio only coming from the right side

taxman10m

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I've seen some other threads where people have reported problems with the headphone jack, but everyone seemed to resolve their issue by pushing the headphones hard into the jack. I tried that. As hard as I could. Also tried a different pair of headphones. And all my headphones work fine on my myTouch 4g. Anyone else have the problem I'm having with the headphone jack? Did you return your Nexus 7?

Disappointing that such a small component is wonky and necessitates a return of the whole device. Can't think of any of the cheap audio devices I've had over the years ever having a problem like this.

iamhephzibah

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I called Google about it and they are RMAing it. Just waiting on the Google warranty email. From my understanding they will let me buy a New one for "Free" and as soon as I receive it I send the defect one.

By the way I also have the headphone issue. I'm the OP of that headphone thread

MajesticFlame

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I was already replacing mine due to dead pixels and the left side of the screen being raised but I hadn't tried the headphone jack until I saw this post. My jack is having issues too. No sound or just left unless I hold the plug forward. Sent an email to let Google know of this problem too. Already have my replacement ordered but I figured I better let them know of all the issues. Hopefully the replacement is defect free.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
majestic: ram the headphone jack in HARD until you hear a loud click. If you don't hear the click, it's not all the way in...

doesn't sound like taxman's problem since he tried that already.

tumble

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had same headphone problem, audio only come from right side only.
The problem is I got my N7 from online retailer and they're currently out of stock.
Google refuse to help with replacement since my N7 was not bought from Play Store.
I was sent to ASUS tech support, their C/S is so failed!! They refused to issue the brand new replacement but asked me to send the device back for inspection, they're going to "fix it" or if they can't fix it, they will then determine weather send me the replacement or so (they can't even guarantee the replacement will be brand new item....sigh)
Very disappointing with Google's C/S and ASUS....

thebigpumpkin

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I also had the problem of sound only coming from one side. I solved the problem by cranking up the speaker sound and then quickly plugging in the headphones. I also downloaded the headphone toggle but not sure if that was part of the solution or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

muzamil11

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
can you explain further how you solved the problem? and which app did u download? thanks

I also had the problem of sound only coming from one side. I solved the problem by cranking up the speaker sound and then quickly plugging in the headphones. I also downloaded the headphone toggle but not sure if that was part of the solution or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

thogan74

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought I had tried everything and was about to send it back. Then I read this thread, pushed the jack in hard, heard the click, and all is just great now. I wonder how much ups gas has been used up returning Nexus 7s for this reason. No wonder we have global warming. Just push it in hard.

Tahlia Aarstad

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I saw the post about turning the volume all the way up and pushing the phones in quickly, and worked for me, surprisingly! But it's at least worth a try if you don't want to send your tablet back to get it fixed!

danieldelta

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Ahh no! I put all my force into shoving the jack into the slot, I did this with little light and with both head phones in my ears. I felt a crunch and went into the light to see what had occurred, to my astonishment the back snapped off and with it the whole jack slot had ripped out! Ah man, not your fault by any means but just to warn others not to put too much force into it. The screen has all black lines down it now too :(

jackwimp

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Solved this problem by simply disconnecting phones after use and before 'sleeping' or turning nexus 7 off. Connect phones only after nexus 7 has booted up or woken up. It seems to me that the switch from speaker to phones is not a simple switching jack socket but the nexus senses that phones have been connected and switches electronically. There is a slight delay when connecting phones. Leaving phones connected seems to cause the problem? Hope this helps.

Brian Baker4

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I've seen some other threads where people have reported problems with the headphone jack, but everyone seemed to resolve their issue by pushing the headphones hard into the jack. I tried that. As hard as I could. Also tried a different pair of headphones. And all my headphones work fine on my myTouch 4g. Anyone else have the problem I'm having with the headphone jack? Did you return your Nexus 7?

Disappointing that such a small component is wonky and necessitates a return of the whole device. Can't think of any of the cheap audio devices I've had over the years ever having a problem like this.

Brian Baker4

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on my brand new device and whats crazy is i had the exact same problem on my galaxy 3 that was stolen...this galaxy 5 is the second replacement...the first one i had to put everybody on speaker to hear them and be heard...once again i had the same problem on my 3 that was stolen...I'm starting to get paranoid and thinking spyware or that for someone is monitoring my every move or that Samsung has a problem manufacturing quality equiptment

jonnysound

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I solved this by using a pair of mono headphones. 3.5mm (TS). This will give mono but in both left and right headphones, similar to stereo. These headphones have 1 line not the usual 2 lines. So 3.5mm (TS).

Beatriz Hernandez

May 24, 2015
Visit site
You know what, I fix this problem super easy, you only need a nexus (well in this case I have a nexus so yeah...) and a table, and when in happen just take the nexus and smack it in the table, but not hard, lol I swear to God it worked for me. I don't know if it's going to happen again but if it happen again I will probably do the same thing.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood