Google Now cards

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
One thing that I thought would be helpful to me was the cards that you find when using Google Now feature.

Problem is, I've been using Google Now since I received my 16GB version on Thursday evening but when I try and access cards there are not any available. Reading the user guide it says you should be able to force them open under the options menu when in the Now section but that option isn't even available to me when I try and look for them.

I haven't commuted and don't since I travel for sales and work out of my home so I don't have a set office but with the searches I've done you would think this card feature would be working at this point?

Any suggestions on what I might not be doing correctly?

Thanks

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
All the options are checked but during actual setup I might not have. If not what would be the fix if all options are checked for location services?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I keep reading that the cards are viewable from the Google Now screen. When I open the settings menu from Google Now there's no option to view cards.

What am I missing here?

Got to be something I am doing wrong.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to Gmail, in the top right on your Google+ pic, click it and select Account. Go to Profile and privacy on the left column. Go to the second to last option from the bottom Sign in to Dashboard. Log in and scroll all the way to the bottom till you see Web History. Make sure that's enabled. My cards wouldnt show up since I disabled and wiped my search history clean. I think a lot of us did that when Google changed their privacy policy earlier in the year. Now I see why they wanted it.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Enable that and restart your tablet. It took a few web searches and voice searches for it to figure out my habits and favorite sports teams. It will eventually ask if you work at a certain place, and if it's not right you can edit it.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Think I figured it out. Web history has not been authorized by my company. We use Google Apps so they will need to authorize this feature before I can use it.

Sent email to see if they will comply.

Thanks for the help.

rsen

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Go to Gmail, in the top right on your Google+ pic, click it and select Account. Go to Profile and privacy on the left column. Go to the second to last option from the bottom Sign in to Dashboard. Log in and scroll all the way to the bottom till you see Web History. Make sure that's enabled. My cards wouldnt show up since I disabled and wiped my search history clean. I think a lot of us did that when Google changed their privacy policy earlier in the year. Now I see why they wanted it.

Thanks for the advice. I was wondering the same thing because only a weather card was showing up for me. I enabled web history and a bunch of cards showed up. Of course, now I'm a bit pissed that Google knows what I'm doing all the time.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
OK. So my company was nice and turned on web history for me. However, after restarting my tablet 2 times still no cards.

Anyone else getting same issues? Need some help here if possible.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol