So where's the News & Weather widget?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found any news or weather application on the tablet....BUT.....If you go to Google Now you should see a card with your current locations temperature and forecast.
Press and hold this card and the Google weather web page will be displayed in your browser. You can do a lot of things on this site.

Still don't see any news but I have other news apps so I just use them.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've attached the widget from my Galaxy Nexus. Give it a shot. If you can't install it as a normal app, it may need to be copied to /system with rw-r--r-- permissions.

Reactions: Vondutch67

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried to add this to my Nexus 7 yet, but here's a link to a thread about people adding Google's News and Weather widget to their Razr Maxx with ICS - click here

I don't know if the N&W widget will work on a tablet or whether it will work with JB but I'll give it a try later on when I get a chance. If someone wants to try it now please report back on whether you were successful. :)

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Is there a complete news aggregator there to replace the old widget? The Breaking News portion of Currents doesn't seem to be.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that while you are on the weather screen there is a 'MORE' option. Press this and it will take you
to current news in a web format.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have the Last.FM widget on my US Sprint Hero..

Test - quoting a post from jerrod6 in a Nexus 7 thread about News and Weather widgets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edit: posted in the correct thread but still showing the wrong quote. Whose bug is this: AC, Tapatalk, JB, or N7?

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Responding to Jerrod6's post 12, that's the Google News link you found.

I have a bookmark widget set to GNews created on my home screen but it's still not a good "quick scan" replacement for the News & Weather widget.

Google screwed up this one.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've attached the widget from my Galaxy Nexus. Give it a shot. If you can't install it as a normal app, it may need to be copied to /system with rw-r--r-- permissions.

Doesn't work for me. It asks me if I want to install the app, and I click "Install". Then it shows a screen saying "App not installed".
Screenshot_2012-09-29-08-24-00.png
Screenshot_2012-09-29-08-24-10.png
What are the alternative ways to install it?