Bluetooth Recieve files not working?

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

So tried to transfer some files from my Galaxy SII to my Nexus 7 via bluetooth. Both devices paired fine, and I was able to send files from the Nexus 7 to the Galaxy SII no problem. But, I was unable to transfer from the GSII to the Nexus 7. I later installed a third party app from Google play that started it's own Bluetooth services which allowed me to transfer, but seems odd I need a thirds party program for something as basic as this.

Am I missing a setting somewhere, or does the Nexus 7 and stock JB not have bluetooth file reciever services?

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, maybe I'm the only one around that still uses Bluetooth to send small files real quick between paired devices... Oh well, I'll keep Googling for an answer...

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually blue toothed with my BlackBerry today, just o see how it worked out. I had the opposite, my BB went great, but N7 to BB failed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, that's odd, wondering if there is an issue with the Nexus 7 bluetooth file transfer protocols. I've transfered between my Galaxy S II and multiple other devices (MacOS, WindowsOS, CentOS Linux, ATT Captivate) with no issues. Yet the Nexus 7 still refuses unless I run a third party bluetooth app. And then you have the opposite problem.

Were you trying to send a file or a contact/calender data? Those uses different protocols in the bluetooth spec.

Wilddogge

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue. I was able to send files via bluetooth from my Nexus 7 to my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4g but not viceversa. I thought something was wrong with my phone but then the same happenned when I tried to send a file from my thrive to the Nexus 7. Could my unit be defective? At least now I know I'm not the only one with this issue!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I can check on the S2 and see if it works for me...be back in a minute.

OK, So the after pairing the S2 and the N7. I sent a pic from the S2 to the N7 and it worked fine. After sharing off the S2, I got the message to accept the file on the N7...I selected yes and then pulled down notifications and watched the transfer. Aboue 20 sec's.

What are you trying to transfer?

The S2 has Stock ICS. If your on Gingerbread maybe that's the problem.

Also just sent the pic from N7 to S2 and that worked as well. I made sure both screens were on and again just had to hit accept.

Last edited:

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm able to send and receive pics and PDF files from my N7 to my non rooted SII running GB via Bluetooth. Can also send from the SII to the N7. Just have to pull down the notification on the N7 to accept transfer.

matterlord1

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
yeah im having the same problem except for i have a optimus v and i cant transfer either way although i have only tried apks and a song and the optimus s still running froyo which is nothing compared to the almighty jelly bean i have tried your suggestions but nothing so far.

JongSP

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You're not the only one. I also use Bluetooth in transferring files between my notebook and Nexus 7. I encountered the same problem (PC/Win7-to-N7 file transfer) but when I changed the file type (from Excel Workbook to Excel 2003-2007 Workbook), it worked. :D

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You're not the only one. I also use Bluetooth in transferring files between my notebook and Nexus 7. I encountered the same problem (PC/Win7-to-N7 file transfer) but when I changed the file type (from Excel Workbook to Excel 2003-2007 Workbook), it worked. :D

New N7 and new Win 7 laptop here, I can send a file to the N7 from the laptop via BT (Windows' " Send File..."), but I do not know where to poke at to initiate a transfer in other direction, N7 to laptop... I getting old, I think....

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
hello..i tried sending bluetooth files from my android smartphone karbonn A1 (version 2.2 froyo) to my tablet karbonn smart tab2 (version 4.1 jellybean) but its not working. i can send files from tab to smartphone..plz help

extreme_blue

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've found that only certain files can be sent, .zip, .mp3, .jpg, etc. If I try to send .ini, .exe, etc. those files fail. If you find that a file fails, try zipping it up and sending the zipped file.

Debjan

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 paired with blackberry 9320. Initially had same problem send from phone bar pops up saying accept file. Did not know where to accept. Could send photo from nexus 7 to phone easily. Tried 6 times from phone to nexus I had to swipe down top left on little arrow photo name is there select and click aaccept. Transfer completed.

Iconoclast1979

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

@extreme_blue

This.

You are correct. I was having the same problem on my Nexus 4 (not being able to transfer files to the device) until I tried sending said file in a .zip archive. Seems Jelly Bean will only allow certain file-types to be received (for security, presumably).

Thanks for the helpful info.

gottogetout

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
This is interesting and could explain why I m not able to send all my contacts from my old (great) phone Sony Ericsson w810i towards the nexus 7
A message on the phone says "ITEM NOT ACCEPTED BY OTHER DEVICE ", on the phone
I suppose the contacts are in vcf format in the phone
Does anyone have an idea ? how could I transfer or backup the contact list towards the tablet ?
Is there an app like Myphoneexplorer on the store ?

The w810i is still a very good skill. The audio quality is conversations is well above almost any smartphone I think. If s not required to recharge it everyday, it s small in the hand and beefy
Don t want to get and expensive and fragile smartphone for the moment

Last edited:

Divyadeep Arora

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
very ironically, I faced the same problem about not able to accept Bluetooth transfers from my phone to NEXUS7 tab. I was able to send from tab to phone, & tried everything for other way round, but quite surprisingly, there was no way to initiate the transfer on nexus7 tab on android 4.2.2 jellybean. For a moment I thought this gr8 platform is missing this basic task, but at no time, I suspected malfunction in my device, which I bought yesterday. Neither, like some of u, I thought I am getting older(senior's moment), or I am the only one, who is using Bluetooth for basic xfers !!
I then decided to search for help on my lappy, found this website and instantly connected with so many of you, not able to find the same, "accept transfer" option on NEXUS7.
Well, of all the above comments, the correct one is by DEBJAN, I tried that and it instantly worked, without any hassel.
As soon as we initiate xfer from mobile/laptop etc. we get a msg. right on top of tab, "Bluetooth share incoming file". Then u scroll the little msg downward and it opens a dialogue , "Bluetooth share, incoming file ?" .... click Ok/yes and then accept ... that's the way !!
thanyou guys, I was really moved to share my experience only because so many of u did that !! I think its a gr8 way to find help and pass - on !!
Divyadeep Arora
India

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae