Great experience with Staples

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had previously ordered the 16gb version from Google Play, thinking I'd have to wait 1-2 weeks for the N7. After reading the AC forums, I hopped onto Staples.com and was able to get the N7 in 4 days.

After reading some horror stories of people receiving damaged or defective tablets, I spent five minutes thoroughly inspecting my N7 after unboxing it. The screen had no scratches. There were no raised edges. I lightly squeezed every inch of the tablet and didn't hear any squeaks. After turning it on, registering it to my Google account, and charging it, I searched for dead pixels or any other imperfections with the screen and found nothing.

Fortunately, I had no issues with getting my $25 credit. After I registered, I was informed that I would get a $25 credit and shortly after, I received an email confirmation. To verify, I purchased two games (Siegecraft and Mini-Squadron) and was able to pay with my Google Play credit without any problems.

Very happy with my N7 and my experience with Staples.

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
My first unit from Staples had the lifting screen issue, so I exchanged it in store. The second one had a dead pixel. I tried to return it for a refund and they said their computer could only issue me a gift card, not credit the amount back to my credit card even though I had my receipt. I had to call customer support myself and arrange pick up of my return. 3-5 days for the courier to arrive, and another 3-5 days after it gets to the warehouse for my refund to process. I am DONE with Staples. I know they didn't make them, but their support has been a nightmare.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Gamestop has been really good at dealing with exchanges and beating pre-order expectations as well. They give you a date months out but always beat it. They actually seem to be in closer contact with Google that others because they were the first to report a delay on the 16 gig units.

I'd tell someone to look at Staples to see if any are on the shelf, which there probably won't be. At that point I'd order it from GS but Staples does well also. Don't order it from Google. I'm not holding a grudge but we all have to respect that logistics is not their strong suit. They bought and designed an awesome tablet. I just wish they'd let Asus handle it from there or totally farm it out to the supply chain stores.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about your problem with Staples. I agree that ordering from Google directly is a mistake. I ordered there and had a devil of a time cancelling it when I found out Staples would send it faster.