Track Google Play $25 balance

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
When I activated my Nexus 7 I of course got my $25 credit for the Play Store. I may just be suffering from severe head trauma, but I don't see where one tracks the balance. I've bought a couple apps, but can't see to where I can find the balance of the $25 after the purchases. Google Wallet didn't show me it. I can see the Apps orders along with amount, but no ongoing reference to how much credit is left.

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
When I activated my Nexus 7 I of course got my $25 credit for the Play Store. I may just be suffering from severe head trauma, but I don't see where one tracks the balance. I've bought a couple apps, but can't see to where I can find the balance of the $25 after the purchases. Google Wallet didn't show me it. I can see the Apps orders along with amount, but no ongoing reference to how much credit is left.

how do you get the $25?

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
When you buy an app it should as how you want to pay. One will be a debit card you have on file, the other is the play balance. There should be a dollar figure on that screen.

LFCPhil

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
You can also look on Google wallet. Go to the page where your card details can be viewed and it should display the balance at the bottom of the page.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
When you buy an app it should as how you want to pay. One will be a debit card you have on file, the other is the play balance. There should be a dollar figure on that screen.

That's what I thought would happen but it didn't. The app I was buying was one I had already purchased months ago for another device (on the same account). When I clicked on the "install button" to send it to my Nexus 7 it just went to the screen that said it was installing. When I go to orders and settings and the bottom of my Google Play page, I see it as a 99 cent purchase. I also never received an email confirming the purchase. I go into Google Wallet where it lists all my purchases (including the Nexus 7 itself as well as every app I purchased for my other device), and there is no reference to the purchase of the app. I do see my credit card info and the $25 credit as a separate payment option. I'm wondering if there is a bug that with some apps if you have purchased it for one device, you can install it on another device without further charge. I wouldn't think that would be intended, but it's about the only explanation I have.

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
That's what I thought would happen but it didn't. The app I was buying was one I had already purchased months ago for another device (on the same account). When I clicked on the "install button" to send it to my Nexus 7 it just went to the screen that said it was installing. When I go to orders and settings and the bottom of my Google Play page, I see it as a 99 cent purchase. I also never received an email confirming the purchase. I go into Google Wallet where it lists all my purchases (including the Nexus 7 itself as well as every app I purchased for my other device), and there is no reference to the purchase of the app. I do see my credit card info and the $25 credit as a separate payment option. I'm wondering if there is a bug that with some apps if you have purchased it for one device, you can install it on another device without further charge. I wouldn't think that would be intended, but it's about the only explanation I have.

If you bought an app from the market/play store on another device under the same account you should not have to repurchase the app. You'll only need to install it on the new device. I bought the ESPN radio app for my SII last year and was able to install in on the N7 without having to rebuy it. There are some apps (slingbox) that have both phone and tablet specific apps, in which case you'll need to purchase the correct one.

Reactions: greatgoogly

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Sling player phone app works fine on Nexus 7, if you own an older Slingbox, the tablet version won't work. Saved $16.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay