Foxfi plus tablet talk = awesome

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So I'm absolutely loving this tablet.

I have Foxfi running from my gs3 on Verizon, free tether unlimited 4g and tablet talk, receiving texts to my tablet and calls. Perfect combination of apps.

I never was one who needed a tablet it was always just more of a want. Also not much of a mobile gamer but I got to say after getting this I'm doing things on it that actually make it seem like it was something I needed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ShaggyKids

DigitalKnight

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So I'm absolutely loving this tablet.

I have Foxfi running from my gs3 on Verizon, free tether unlimited 4g and tablet talk, receiving texts to my tablet and calls. Perfect combination of apps.

I never was one who needed a tablet it was always just more of a want. Also not much of a mobile gamer but I got to say after getting this I'm doing things on it that actually make it seem like it was something I needed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Does tablet talk count against my 250 cap on text messages?

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Tablet talk syncs text messages between your android phone and your android tablet. The app neither adds to, nor subtracts from, any text limits you have with your carrier. You will still have the same number of text messages. Both devices need to be running android for the app to work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay I would like to do this too because bluetooth is not working very well. Do you have to add your tablet to your cell phone account in order to make this work? Have you had a chance to test how your battery holds up when tethered?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Once u download foxfi just enable it. Look for the connection on your tablet.

Then download tablet talk on both phone and tablet. Connect that via Bluetooth and you should be set. It walks you step by step how to add device

As far as battery life goes I was able to get 8 hours from my phone tethering and Bluetooth on for the tablet talk. Tablet could last at least 10 hours I think I don't know for sure I just know at the 8 hour mar it had more life left

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry should have been more clear. I have bluetooth running using FoxFi and PDAnet with some very annoying limitations so I am seriously considering going wifi from my phone when out of range of my home network.

I'm wondering if I have to add my N7 to my VZW account to do this? I currently have unlimited but it would cost me $30 more per month to add Mobil Hot Spot and $10 more per month for my N7 and I can't afford to do that. My alternative is to switch to one of their new data capped plans.

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I love tethering my phone to my tablet as well. I only wish that tethering didn't drain the battery of the phone so quickly.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
No you don't have to do anything with ur Verizon account. The tablet is WiFi only therefore you only connect it from your phone via wifi

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to sync the two with only Foxfi wifi? It seems like your phone needs to search for a wifi network, which doesn't include it's own Foxfi network.

Is Tablet Talk supposed to auto sync or do I have to manually sync all the time to get new sms messages?

Last edited:

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You cannot add your N7 to your Verizon plan because it is a WiFi only device. The N7 was not designed to run on any carriers network, but you can WiFi tether the N7 to a device that does run on a carrier network. For example, I am creating this post on my N7 which is WiFi tethered to my Verizon Galaxy Nexus using Foxfi. I am on a legacy $30/month unlimited smartphone plan. I did not have to notify Verizon to tether my N7 to my Galaxy Nexus and I am not incurring additional charges.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

colton.sorbie

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry should have been more clear. I have bluetooth running using FoxFi and PDAnet with some very annoying limitations so I am seriously considering going wifi from my phone when out of range of my home network.

I'm wondering if I have to add my N7 to my VZW account to do this? I currently have unlimited but it would cost me $30 more per month to add Mobil Hot Spot and $10 more per month for my N7 and I can't afford to do that. My alternative is to switch to one of their new data capped plans.

No, in fact, it is not possible to put your n7 to your Verizon account, the nexus 7 does not have any kind of mobile data or cellular chip, so it isn't even possible. You can use foxfi for free WiFi tethering so you don't have to pay Verizon for it. I have noticed that the nexus 7 can't connect to foxfi WiFi networks un fortunately, but if you pair your tablet to the phone using Bluetooth, then enable Bluetooth dun on foxfi from the phone, it works, you can access your phones internet connection from your n7 and no pesky Verizon tethering fee. It works GREAT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz