Build Instructions for Nexus 7

marty331

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can find all the build instructions for the Nexus 7?

I want to be able to build when there are new updates from Google (I'm rooted and have a custom recovery, so I do not believe I will get the updates OTA). I have all the links to the AOSP pages but they do not contain the specifics for the Nexus 7.

I assume I would be building for grouper but I am just looking for clarification.

Any help is appreciated!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I responded to your PM.

For anyone who gets confused or needs info about this... You have no need to build your own updates if you unlock and flash a custom recovery or even a custom ROM. That would in fact be a lot of work and likely against most people here's skill level (However, if you are curious about it, Dmmarck wrote an excellent tutorial on building AOSP for the Verizon Gnex which could be easily adapted for the Nex7: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...99-guide-ubuntu-compiling-android-source.html).

If you are still on the 'stock' firmware and haven't changed your system at all but have flashed a custom recovery, it is a piece of cake to flash the stock recovery back, literally you just grab the file from Google and fastboot it, takes around 10 seconds (not going to go into more depth than that here).

If you are a ROM-loving fella like me and don't want to miss out on new Android updates, you really can just sit back and be confident that the development community will have you covered. The ROMs will be updated with AOSP for new versions of android, and as an official AOSP device, the Nexus 7 will be easy-peasy for dev's to update.

Of course you can always flash the factory images to return your tablet to factory condition, and receive official OTA's again as well, if that is your preference. You can check the guide I wrote on how to do that, stickied in our Rooting section, and link is in my signature.
:)