recycle bin

dd_uk

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got my new Nexus 7 16Gb and am slowly working my way round it.

One thing I cannot do is empty the recycle bin in Gmail. Anyone worked that out yet

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you actually need to empty it? It doesn't take much if any space on your device, and is automatically deleted after 30 days, so unless you have emails that you need to remove any & all trace of, there's not really a need to manually empty the trash.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, I have never used a gmail app that allowed the trash folder to be emptied. I could be wrong, but I think it has to be done online via web browser.

tabley

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes its easy just log in to gmail on your computer and empty the spam and bin folders. If they are not showinh there go to options in the right corner choose settings and then lables along the top and select show in the list. This will sync with your Nexus 7. Obviously have sync turned on in the tablet.

tabley

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes just go into Gmail on your computer and empty the Spam and Bin folders, if they are not showing, go to settings in the top right select settings from the drop down list then pick labels from the top and show in label list Spam and Bin

tabley

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
You mean trash??? I've been wondering the same thing LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yes just go into Gmail on your computer and empty the Spam and Bin folders, if they are not showing, go to settings in the top right select settings from the drop down list then pick labels from the top and show in label list Spam and Bin

dlcramer

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Just looked on my Bionic. I can remove files from trash but not empty the whole thing at once. Cant check my 7 because my wide is reading on it. LOL

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You need not use your computer as suggested here. You can just access gmail through a web browser on the tablet

It makes sense since trash is merely a label on your item and not a physical location. It makes more sense fr hem to write scripts that will look for the label and delete hose after a certain age.. I have had to go into the trash several times items in he trash do not count against your quota

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1