Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Major problems here and I'm ready to scream bloody murder! I have spent my entire day trying everything to get flash installed on my Nexus 7. I've tried it with both Xscope and Firefox Beta, to no avail. Yes, I followed the instructions (at the start of this thread) perfectly. Yet every time I go to tap on the "install" button when the Adobe Flash Player sign comes up, nothing happens... as in the "install" button is completely inactive. (the "cancel" button beside it works just fine)

When I go into Xscope and check "enable flash", all I get is the flash download beginning all over again. Same with when I use "toggle". And round and round she goes, like a broken record! Can anyone here explain why the "install" button does nothing at all? I've tried everything; using Astro File manager gives the exact same results. I've tried rebooting. I really, really don't want to have to start all over again with a full reset, so is there anything you can suggest that will possibly allow me to keep my sanity?

I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions you may be able to provide to this frustrated soul.

Thank-you so much!
Glen

Have you tried side loading the linked flash apk, rather than use the one that xscope installs? If you can't do that, something is seriously wrong.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

camperbc

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried side loading the linked flash apk, rather than use the one that xscope installs? If you can't do that, something is seriously wrong.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Yes, I tried that, but perhaps you can provide detailed step-by-step instructions that will make some sort of sense to my tired brain. I'm thinking that I just may have to cave in and do a reset, and if that doesn't work, I suppose I'll be forced to return it. Very frustrating and disappointing, that's for sure.
Glen

johnwccres

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Major problems here and I'm ready to scream bloody murder! I have spent my entire day trying everything to get flash installed on my Nexus 7. I've tried it with both Xscope and Firefox Beta, to no avail. Yes, I followed the instructions (at the start of this thread) perfectly. Yet every time I go to tap on the "install" button when the Adobe Flash Player sign comes up, nothing happens... as in the "install" button is completely inactive. (the "cancel" button beside it works just fine)

When I go into Xscope and check "enable flash", all I get is the flash download beginning all over again. Same with when I use "toggle". And round and round she goes, like a broken record! Can anyone here explain why the "install" button does nothing at all? I've tried everything; using Astro File manager gives the exact same results. I've tried rebooting. I really, really don't want to have to start all over again with a full reset, so is there anything you can suggest that will possibly allow me to keep my sanity?

I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions you may be able to provide to this frustrated soul.

Thank-you so much!
Glen

There's an option in the security Settings that allows you to install apps that don't come from Google Play. By default you're not allowed to, you have to change this setting.

Last edited:

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work for me with Firefox Beta. I tried to open the crossword puzzles at the Washington Post. Well, I'll live without it.

Quinnaay

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just recieved my nexus 7 today, do i just download the APK file on the nexus 7 then install it via xscope and does the APK file in the first page work for 4.2 + 4.2.1 as it states 4.1. Just making sure dont want to damage it, many thanks.

Wlodarr

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
you have to install the apk through the file manager. Flash didn't work for me at all under 4.2. I've done the update today to 4.2.1 and now it's all good. Give it a go. You won't damage it.

lolapearl

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

I am too stoopid to do this. Is there anyway someone could break it down further for us stoopids??? I have tried several times and get the wrong version of Flash because it updates past the one I am supposed to get. Also downloaded Firefox. Do I have to use Firefox to go to amazon.com for this procedure to work?
Wish I were smarter about technology. Thought I downloaded Firefox but cannot see it on my screen showing apps. What do I do to use Firefox to go to amazon to get videos to play? I am so stoopid. This has taken me hours and I think further impaired by intelligence and patience waning.

lolapearl

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
"If you used Xscope, go to settings, scroll to the Web Page section and tick the box that says "Auto load flash"."
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? Do you go to settings on your app page and choose xscope. I cannot find any web page section or any box that says auto load flash. I can now play videos on Amazon prime but they are limited to about 40 percent of the size of the N7 screen and the full screen button does not respond.

Quinnaay

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
New to the android scene and after a 30mins of owning my Nexus 7 i did this using Firefox, extremely easy many thanks. (although i will say alot of stuff "crashes" on Firefox when using flash)

Wlodarr

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

lolapearl, download Firefox beta directly from Google Play Store not amazon. You will then see it in your apps.
When it comes to Xscope, you have to hit the button in the top right corner and then choose settings. once you do that just look for Auto Load Flash in all the options there.

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I think I did this right (thanksCrack!)....through Firefox, but not sure.....someone give me a website so I can check please.

And a question, if Youtube is already loaded on the N7 why do we have to have flash installed, isn't Youtube a flash site??

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Just got my N7 last week (end of November). Updated to JB 4.2.1 a few days later.
This is what finally worked for me. I used the full Firefox browser from the play store. If you already have Firefox installed, uninstall it first.
1. Download flashplayer 11.1.115.12 apk (the 4.0.x 11.1.115.17 release did not work)
2. Sideload the apk from your favorite file explorer app (I use ES File Explorer). If you downloaded the apk using a browser on your nexus 7 then you will find it in the download folder.
3. Install Firefox (not the beta)
4. Start the flashplayer app, choose to open with Firefox
5. Select local storage option and choose " only the sites I visit." (If you get only a blank page at this step then quit Firefox and try step 4 again.)
6. In the Firefox settings menu select plugins and then enable.
7. Navigate to a site with flash to test it out
8. ?
9. Profit

@cherrypita the dramafever site doesn't work because it is a hulu site and hulu blocks access to video content from mobile devices so they can charge you for hulu plus. Hulu can detect your device even if you use the phony add on on Firefox.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

@cherrypita the dramafever site doesn't work because it is a hulu site and hulu blocks access to video content from mobile devices so they can charge you for hulu plus. Hulu can detect your device even if you use the phony add on on Firefox.

Yes, but the app should still work and it doesn't.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes, but the app should still work and it doesn't.

I think you'll find from reading the reviews that the Hulu Plus flash based apps have spotty performance.

From the dramafever description "Please Note: Adobe Flash Player required. We are working on a new video player for JellyBean (Android OS 4.1) devices."
They have to fix their own code.

Having said that, I have not tried the method above with a flash based app so I am not sure if an older version of flashplayer will work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae