Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the Xscope Pro too but judging from just limited use it is very buggy. It freezes, crashes and sometimes wont let me enter text. I now use it only for the flash.

Never had those issues, but I only use it for the flash as well. It certainly plays flash almost perfectly, way better than Firefox.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

Never had those issues, but I only use it for the flash as well. It certainly plays flash almost perfectly, way better than Firefox.

I followed the original instructions on this thread after successfully loading Flash and tried Firefox and XScope and finally settled with XScope, it seems much easier to navigate. I have only used it a few times and it seems to work just fine. My earlier attempt to use Firefox seemed way to difficult to navigate and the interface seemed weird. Write that off to me being new to trying this stuff, I've been using the stock browser on other Android devices with no issues and haven't had the need to use others until now. It would be really nice if Google would fix Chrome to get around this limitation since other free browsers have figured out how to do this. Don't join Apple in the fight with Adobe!

sparky371

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

i have tried to follow the instructions but i get a message saying

install blocked
for security your tablet is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknow sources?

am i doing somthing wrong here?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

i have tried to follow the instructions but i get a message saying

install blocked
for security your tablet is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknow sources?

am i doing somthing wrong here?

Go to Settings, Security and check Unknown Sources and then try it again. It should install. Just to be safe you should probably un-check this setting after it installs.

Reactions: crackberrytraitor

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I need to add that to the op.

You did mention it, it just may have not been obvious. We are mostly newbies at this stuff and need step by step guidance. Your original post was very helpful and got me going with Flash. Thank you for your clear step by step instructions. I like xScope better than Firefox but that is just a personal preference.

sparky371

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

thank you for that extra bit of info- works a treat now

now to work out the cam....lol

stryder36x

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

My big Flash issue is with a site called Blip.tv
Following this method, Firefox doesn't show a single video and Xscope will play but I can't maximize/fullscreen or pause.
When I had this issue on my Razr MAXX (after the ICS update) I found the only solution was to use Dolphin browser and set the user agent to "iPhone" (I know, I know but it works). On the Nexus it works too, I did try iPad (for larger screen size) and it doesn't work.

This may be a specific issue with this site that I can't identify/fix.

But, that's my workaround as well.

Martinb1230

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

:DThnaks very much - brilliant, followed instructions & it worked first time:)

stryder36x

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

Ok I'm confused.

The other day I posted about my issues on the site blip.tv. Today I was watching this Nostalgia Critic: The Wiz (with Todd in the Shadows) | Nostalgia Critic on Blip and it played. In Chrome. Granted I couldn't maximize (full screen), pause, or control the video position (which is a HUGE pet peeve of mine) but it played. It won't however play on my phone (Razr Maxx) version of Chrome.

As far as I can tell, the whole site is flash. But I just don't know

As I said before, In order to get the pause,position control, and full screen ability I've only been able to make Dolphin in iPhone mode work.

Can anyone explain this? This has been incredibly frustrating, but I'd found a "solution" but now I'm super confused

rickandroid

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Ok, can anyone please explain why i cannot install flash in the first place please?
i have bought this up a couple of times with no answer that i am aware of, i have downloaded various flash apk's and every time i try to install i get the message that this application was not installed, i really cannot understand this as every apk i have side loaded has been fine, and apart from this issue the N7 has been perfect in every way, cannot understand why i am having this issue getting the apk to install when no one else seems to have had the issue?
Would love it if one of you more knowledgable people could throw me a bone here?
:)

ta muchly

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, can anyone please explain why i cannot install flash in the first place please?
i have bought this up a couple of times with no answer that i am aware of, i have downloaded various flash apk's and every time i try to install i get the message that this application was not installed, i really cannot understand this as every apk i have side loaded has been fine, and apart from this issue the N7 has been perfect in every way, cannot understand why i am having this issue getting the apk to install when no one else seems to have had the issue?
Would love it if one of you more knowledgable people could throw me a bone here?
:)

ta muchly

Did you use the one linked in the first post of this thread?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

thank you for that extra bit of info- works a treat now

now to work out the cam....lol

Try Camera Launcher for Nexus 7 on the Play Store. I loaded it but haven't tried taking any pictures yet. I guess to see what you are aimed at you would have to aim it over your shoulder.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, yes that one and many others:(

That's odd. I just did a factory reset on my spare N7 and installed Flash on it from the provided link and it works fine. Something software wise is not right on your N7. If Flash is very important to you, a factory reset may be in order.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1