Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So i did it again, using firefox again, and it works for firefox only. It's still not working for DramaFever. Just get a spinning circle like its loading or buffering but nothing happens. Anyone know of another free app i can try that uses flash so i can rule out that its a flash issue not an app issue?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Did you try scope? If so, do. Make sure to enable plugins in settings. If that doesn't work, try adobe air.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

smartk9s

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

I clicked "thanks" on this cause I appreciate the above and beyond effort you put in. Unfortunately, while the process did in fact work for me, the end result wasn't worth the time it took me to set it up. When I went to CNN, I had a nearly impossible time getting it to play a video report, and it kept jumping to an unselected report. Ditto a couple other sites. I checked the CNN site simultaneously with my laptop and saw no problems. Oh, well. Still cannot understand why Google doesn't repair this problem...along with the visual mess that G+ presents on the Nexus 7. In any case, you have so many "thumbs up" for your efforts, it seems mine is a minority problem, but I did want to report the process apparently sometimes not have a satisfactory result. (BTW, I used the xScope Browser Pro.)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I clicked "thanks" on this cause I appreciate the above and beyond effort you put in. Unfortunately, while the process did in fact work for me, the end result wasn't worth the time it took me to set it up. When I went to CNN, I had a nearly impossible time getting it to play a video report, and it kept jumping to an unselected report. Ditto a couple other sites. I checked the CNN site simultaneously with my laptop and saw no problems. Oh, well. Still cannot understand why Google doesn't repair this problem...along with the visual mess that G+ presents on the Nexus 7. In any case, you have so many "thumbs up" for your efforts, it seems mine is a minority problem, but I did want to report the process apparently sometimes not have a satisfactory result. (BTW, I used the xScope Browser Pro.)

I appreciate your thanks :) Google can't fix it this adobe's problem. I would suggest installing the stock browser if you're rooted, which works flawlessly (link in the instructions) or try Firefox (lower quality video streams than scope). Adobe Air also seems to be working for a lot of people. Good luck.

Reactions: smartk9s

smartk9s

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks again. I need to move on to some other fixes right now, but I'll get back to this later. I think the Firefox option next as I've generally had good results with them on other platforms.

Rickweasel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Worked great. I used Firefox beta and I was able to play Flash HD too. Thanks for the How To!

smartk9s

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks again. I need to move on to some other fixes right now, but I'll get back to this later. I think the Firefox option next as I've generally had good results with them on other platforms.

OK, I did the Firefox route & am now able to run flash videos. The only quirk is that every time I click on a Flash video, it asks me to access the plug-in which simply involves clicking on the message...then it runs. Whatever...at least I can get the videos now. So 'thank you' again.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
OK, I did the Firefox route & am now able to run flash videos. The only quirk is that every time I click on a Flash video, it asks me to access the plug-in which simply involves clicking on the message...then it runs. Whatever...at least I can get the videos now. So 'thank you' again.

If you want it to start automatically, there's an option in Firefox's settings.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: smartk9s

caslad66

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site

I've bee trying to get flash to work since friday no luck..I have installed Adobe Flash succesfully( shows in my apps) and have tried using Firebox beta and dolphin to open and use bbc iplayer , both to no avail...any suggestions ? What am I doing wrong ?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've bee trying to get flash to work since friday no luck..I have installed Adobe Flash succesfully( shows in my apps) and have tried using Firebox beta and dolphin to open and use bbc iplayer , both to no avail...any suggestions ? What am I doing wrong ?

Dolphin doesn't work. First, have you tried enabling the plugins options in Firefox settings, if that doesn't work, read the page 1 tutorial and use the xscope browser method, rather than Firefox.

caslad66

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site

It works if I click the "request desktop site" on firebox settings

caslad66

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site

Is there any way to "lock " the desktop site option in Firefox, so I dont have to set it everytime I want flash ?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to "lock " the desktop site option in Firefox, so I dont have to set it everytime I want flash ?

There is a setting for it somewhere. Just flashed a new ROM and haven't installed Firefox yet or I would tell you what it is, but yes there is.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

cyarsev

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Bump, anyone help me out? Flash is working fine (you tube, etc). But I cannot watch Amazon Prime, NBC, Hulu, etc.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Bump, anyone help me out? Flash is working fine (you tube, etc). But I cannot watch Amazon Prime, NBC, Hulu, etc.

Others have had success with Amazon prime and Firefox/xscope, I don't pay for my media, so I can't help you with that one. I tested out Hulu and NBC and both say not available for Android devices. I messed around with identifiers a little with no luck. So that at least is not because of flash but because Hulu/NBC block content to Android.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

nobodyisherenow

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

is there a free version of xscope? all i see is xscope pro and i'm not sure if it will work very well on my newly purchased n7. i play some facebook flash games, but they come out poorly pixelated. i'm wondering if i buy the xscope pro version if that will clean up the game or look as good as if i were playing on a computer. anyone else play facebook flash games using xscope pro?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan