08-17-2012 08:18 AM
29 12
tools
    Hello,
    is there an place where I can download Swype that will work on Nexus 7?
    I've been using Droid X for over 2 years now and I just realized how great Swype is.
    07-25-2012 10:14 AM
    This is the only place you can legally download Swype: http://beta.swype.com
    JMuedog and GiantJay like this.
    07-25-2012 10:17 AM
    Yep - grab the new beta... it works well on the N7
    07-25-2012 10:19 AM
    I downloaded Swype as one of my first apps... and yes, through the official site linked above. Works like a charm!
    07-25-2012 10:20 AM
    Thank you!
    Slowly getting there. Just got mine yesterday, unlocked/rooted it, etc.
    Very impressed.
    Now I need a new Nexus phone. I hope it comes out this fall.
    07-25-2012 10:23 AM
    Thank you for posting this! I've been really missing swype!
    08-06-2012 07:10 PM
    the only time I have issues with Swype is when entering a url on a browser, otherwise it works just fine and I find it easier to use on my nexus 7 than on my phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-2012 10:05 PM
    I had some weird issues with Swype - if I was inputting individual letters it would jump all over the place in what I was editing.
    08-06-2012 11:58 PM
    I downloaded the beta version of Swype from the link above, but it DOES NOT WORK on my Nexus. How do I uninstall, as I don't want this to take up any space since I can't use it?
    Dave_k605 likes this.
    08-09-2012 11:02 PM
    I've loaded Swype Beta several times and can't get it to work either. I really miss it. Have it on GNexus. Any suggestions on how to get it to work on N7?
    08-11-2012 10:31 AM
    I've loaded Swype Beta several times and can't get it to work either. I really miss it. Have it on GNexus. Any suggestions on how to get it to work on N7?
    Once I downloaded Swype and then turned the power off and back on it worked fine.
    08-11-2012 10:50 AM
    I tried that. No go. Any other Ideas?

Am I the only one having a problem? The Swype keyboard just doesn't appear. Just the Android one. And swyping isn't enabled on it.
    08-12-2012 02:59 AM
    I use the Swype for tablet from the Play store. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-2012 07:21 AM
    I too have been using swype for a long time, great keyboard but I recently downloaded swiftkey 3. I stopped using my swype because the predictive sense of swiftkey 3 is much better for my sloppy typing, ha. I still have swype on my device but have found I have much less corrections, and it just knows were I'm going next.....don't think I'll be using swype much any more, I even installed it on my Galaxy Nexus phone.
    08-12-2012 01:04 PM
    There are a few issues with it on my N7- editing, voice dictation - but it works well enough otherwise. Have you tried deleting and doing a full reinstall?
    08-12-2012 02:36 PM
    I had some weird issues with Swype - if I was inputting individual letters it would jump all over the place in what I was editing.
    Same here. It used to be such a great app my my Droid X (well, still is). Basically flawless. I don't get why they butchered it. I hate this weird jumping, especially when i try to delete couple of last characters... the cursor jumps in the middle of the PREVIOUS word!
    Is there a setting or something?
    Thanks
    08-12-2012 07:20 PM
    I had to try installing it 3 or 4 times before it finally loaded. Now it works great.

Swyped from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2.
    08-12-2012 07:34 PM
    Same here. It used to be such a great app my my Droid X (well, still is). Basically flawless. I don't get why they butchered it. I hate this weird jumping, especially when i try to delete couple of last characters... the cursor jumps in the middle of the PREVIOUS word!
    Is there a setting or something?
    Thanks
    Was having this issue too. Got feed up with it and went back to the stock keyboard.
    08-12-2012 10:27 PM
    Was having this issue too. Got feed up with it and went back to the stock keyboard.
    I prefer the stock keyboard as well.
    08-12-2012 11:00 PM
    Are you guys enabling Swype after your installation? Because it works absolutely fine with no problems. You have to make it the default keyboard input.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    08-12-2012 11:04 PM
    Same.
    08-12-2012 11:42 PM
    Are you guys enabling Swype after your installation? Because it works absolutely fine with no problems. You have to make it the default keyboard input.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Yes went into my settings to enable swype as my default keyboard. Works most of the time. However when having to make minor changes it would jump all over the place and would end up editing the wrong word.
    08-12-2012 11:52 PM
    I also have installed swipe and it doesn't work. I enabled it in settings and it doesn't recognize it as the default. I have no clue as to how to get it to work
    08-13-2012 07:37 AM
    I've loved swype on my phone so I wanted something similar for my Nexus 7. Haven't tried the swype beta yet but I have been using the SlideIT keyboard app from the Play store which is very similar and has been working nicely on the N7.
    08-13-2012 01:58 PM
    I love Swype beta I couldn't imagine being without it. When I first got my galaxy 7+ tablet Swype said Swype beta wasn't compatible with my tablet so I made a back up of Swype beta from my phone with titanium backup & installed it that way. At first I installed it as a system app but Swype didn't like that- it was bouncing all over the screen like others have said & the keyboard would not open or it would sometime open then close so I tried it as a regular user app &I haven't had any problems at all & it's nice cuz my dictionary from my phone was included in the data from titanium backup so I didn't have to add all of my saved words again.
    I saw someone is having problems uninstalling Swype, if you're rooted use titanium backup it'll uninstall anything. I used it to uninstall the original Swype & the Samsung keyboard.

sent from my Reborn optimus s using taptalk
    08-13-2012 02:51 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD