Should I return or keep?

Mmalky

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm an Android newbie, having bought the Nexus 7 as my first Android device. It's a great device and the first gadget I've ever preordered. I love the OS but I've been having the glass separation issues like many others but I don't think my case is as severe. It's lifted up a little in the left middle and it didn't worry me much in the beginning until I noticed it spreading a bit wider today. It's not affecting my usability of the device but I'm worried about what problems it can make in the future. There has also been some instances where I'd be using Chrome and the touch input would start failing and not recognize anything. Along with that, I've been having the screen flickering issue as well when I've been reading books and webpages. I don't know if these can be fixed with a software update but I've been deliberating on getting a replacement. Do you think these problems are worth getting a replacement over, especially with the low stock of 16 GB models? Or should I just wait it out and see what happens?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm an Android newbie, having bought the Nexus 7 as my first Android device. It's a great device and the first gadget I've ever preordered. I love the OS but I've been having the glass separation issues like many others but I don't think my case is as severe. It's lifted up a little in the left middle and it didn't worry me much in the beginning until I noticed it spreading a bit wider today. It's not affecting my usability of the device but I'm worried about what problems it can make in the future. There has also been some instances where I'd be using Chrome and the touch input would start failing and not recognize anything. Along with that, I've been having the screen flickering issue as well when I've been reading books and webpages. I don't know if these can be fixed with a software update but I've been deliberating on getting a replacement. Do you think these problems are worth getting a replacement over, especially with the low stock of 16 GB models? Or should I just wait it out and see what happens?

You have a year. I would wait it out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Touch response is just chrome. I get it all the time. I'm not defending Google, it's an atrocity that they shipped this with a crappy browser when they have a great browser on previous versions of android. But, if you try a different browser like "dolphin HD, or Scope" these touch issus simply don't happen.

Mmalky

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, waiting it out might be work since these problems might not be worked out soon enough. I'm just afraid that I'll get a replacement with an even worse defect :/.
That's good to know about Chrome, I thought I might be then only one noticing that since I haven't read anything about it. I'll try Dolphin.

volumetric

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Return it, the problem will just get worse over time, your warranty will run out,then what will you do?,if your replacement is even worse, return it;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20