Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok joined the forum today and love it already. About to head out and buy the N7 16 gb . I keep seeing the term "root" in the forum and I'm embarrassed to say I have no clue what that is or does. Help this NOOB please.:confused:

If you coming from iOS, a very similar term would be "jailbreaking" your device. :)

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
is it just me or is the speaker/audio output with headphones really low? i can hardly hear it all the way pumped up, is there a way to improve?

adamfrayne182

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I just discovered this recently and figured I'd share.

The Gallery has a built in photo editing option.

If you load up a picture then click on the options button.(Those three dots). It has an option to edit the photo.

You then can do all sorts of edits to a photo. Like Black and white, add text, etc.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
is it just me or is the speaker/audio output with headphones really low? i can hardly hear it all the way pumped up, is there a way to improve?

No, it's not you. I have to use either my Bluetooth headset or headphones when I have fan or a/c running.

I watched a few episodes from a tv series and definitely had to use headphones, but music is loud.

rom1966

May 6, 2011
Visit site
This seems to work but when I swipe I go from the first tab to the last. Smaller 'swipes' didn't work at all. :-\

I am having the same problem. One thing it does do is scroll through the tabs if you swipe across them but then you still have to click on the one you want to view...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

adamfrayne182

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys letting go when you get to the one you want to view? I don't use the feature often cause its kind of annoying, but I'm pretty sure you can stop on any tab thats opened.

brad_wp

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys letting go when you get to the one you want to view? I don't use the feature often cause its kind of annoying, but I'm pretty sure you can stop on any tab thats opened.

If you think of it more like a touchscreen scroll wheel you'll figure out the function much better (and probably start to like it).

I couldn't figure it out for the life of me when I was swiping. It didn't help that the first time I used the function I only had two tabs open. As soon as I had more than 2 open I couldn't figure out why it would just skip from the first to the last. As soon as I figured out that it was set up to scroll through your open tabs fluidly and not swipe from to tab I could work it much better. I actually like the function.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok joined the forum today and love it already. About to head out and buy the N7 16 gb . I keep seeing the term "root" in the forum and I'm embarrassed to say I have no clue what that is or does. Help this NOOB please.:confused:

It's a really cool way to completely void your warranty, and to load up a bunch of new ROMS that will break a number of your apps and cause you much confusion and confustications.

It does however give you "root" or "superuser" access to the underlying operating system so that you can delete necessary files that are integral to the Jelly Bean OS.

It's a way to make sure that you have "true" Android OS JellyBean, not something that other MFG's chose to modify/change/lock to keep you from doing what you want with a device that you own. Oh wait, this is a Google device, so it doesn't have those things anyway.

OK, other advantage. If you root it, and upload a custom ROM, it will wipe out everything you've already done, apps/data/customizations to home screens, etc. And that's Cool!

Another plus, it'll keep you from getting any new updates directly from Google, the authors of Android, and that can't help but be a "good thing"! Right ?

But, it's really cool, so damn the torpedoes and root your heart out dude!

vgjfelix

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
If you have download Ultimate Rotation Control, here's a tip on how to disable it for certain apps:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Vh-4KM4Sc[/YT]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox