Bluetooth audio lag

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else noticed bad (>1s) lag with audio when using bluetooth headphones? If I use Play Movies or the YouTube app the audio sync is fine. But for other stuff like flash video or for games I get a horrible delay. I first noticed it when watching a flash video and initially blamed it on flash, but when I tried to play Dead Trigger I noticed there was a 1-2 second delay between firing my gun and hearing the shot, I get the same lag in the other games I have tried as well.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue when using BT headphones and watching movies on Xoom. It seems to have to do with the codec processor. It syncs with hard-lined headsets; however, I think the quick second it takes to send the signal out via BT is enough to set the video/sound sync off by that second. It is annoying but I have learned to live with it. I have yet to find a workout around. I think BT is just not there yet.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
It isn't Bluetooth per se, Bluetooth audio works well enough on my N900. Android isn't a new OS, it should be able to handle it without such significant lag.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

no6969el

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is a long shot.. but i have been trying to spread this fix around to everyone, but if you disable auto-sync in Google "Currents" you will see a significant speed boost overall (in my opinion) and this may help with the speed of the bluetooth. (I do not know it will for sure but I would def want to try if I had your issue)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnJRYTKqnRc[/YT]

Reactions: Bill484

Breezy Beach

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine plays movies and music great with no lag on audio. However, the games seem to experience some lag unfortunately. I'm using a set of Tenqa Remxd which are a great bang for your buck and are an awesome compliment to my nexus 7 and evo 3d with the newest ICS update.

makacok

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue! Movies and music work perfectly but there is a pretty big laga while playing games! Dont somebody find how to deal with this?

djnshores

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have Bluetooth speakers which I use primarily to listen to music. I turn off Bluetooth when I am not using it. I have noticed significant lags playing some games. I don't think Bluetooth is at fault . The games may not have been optimized for the Tegra 3 processor. If the games lag then using Bluetooth may make the situation worse.

andy o

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
They're not saying the games themselves lag, but the audio. This is inherent to bluetooth audio A2DP.

Some video apps don't lag and others do, because with video it can be compensated for. iOS does it with most video apps for Airplay, as well. One wireless digital audio standard that doesn't have noticeable lag for video and even games is Kleer (now renamed Kleernet), unfortunately it's been years in the market, and hasn't been adopted very widely.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I can concur that this happens to me as well on both my nexus 7 and gnex. YouTube, movies on device, and Google play movies have no audio issues when using Bluetooth. Games have a 1 second delay. Very annoying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
They're not saying the games themselves lag, but the audio. This is inherent to bluetooth audio A2DP.
It is NOT inherent to A2DP, at least, not to the extent it is exhibited on my Nexus 7. Sure there is a very small amount introduced with the encoding by the transmitter and decoding by the receiver, but it should be minimal perhaps on the order of 1/10th of a second. I do not have this issue on my N900, whatever apps, games, or video players I use (even Flash video) don't have perceptible (to me) lag, and I have a A2DP dongle which plugs into a 3.5mm jack and produces minimal lag.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

streetsports

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
i notice it while streaming video from my pc to my nexxus 7 with the motorola bt headset and tversity....which is extremely annoying because idid not have this problem with my ipad 2....for the way i use my media this tablet is now useless

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
i notice it while streaming video from my pc to my nexxus 7 with the motorola bt headset and tversity....which is extremely annoying because idid not have this problem with my ipad 2....for the way i use my media this tablet is now useless
Try using the streaming options of MX Player or BSPlayer on your N7. You don't need tversity on your PC or a DLNA or UPnP set up. Just connect via your local WiFi network. Maybe this will remedy the Bluetooth audio lag (or maybe not).

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz