Accelerock

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi ... I hope this is a friendly site for newbies like myself ? Could someone explain how to use this feature within the tablet . Does it just stored stuff automatically when using the tablet ? Don't you need to set up some sore account with Google ? Also, is it free or is there a service charge ? TIA

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi ... I hope this is a friendly site for newbies like myself ? Could someone explain how to use this feature within the tablet . Does it just stored stuff automatically when using the tablet ? Don't you need to set up some sore account with Google ? Also, is it free or is there a service charge ? TIA

Please be more specific. Do you have the tablet, and what model? 8gb or 16gb is my question.

Edit: im wondering so I know what I'm dealing with haha :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Basically, the cloud will stream all your content when you're on wifi. When you don't have access to wifi only the stuff that's downloaded to your tablet will be available.

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There are several different "clouds" available for the N7. I use Dropbox and Google Drive. I also use Google's Music app, but it's specific for music stored on your home computer. All of them are free unless you need a lot of space. Dropbox and Google Drive can be downloaded from the play store, and Music came installed on your N7. With the computer versions installed on your home computer you can use them to sync documents, pictures, etc. to all of your computers, phones, tablets, etc. Or they can just be used for storage if you don't need to sync. To use any of them you have to be on the internet, either on wifi or tethered to a phone. Hope that helps. - sheureka

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
"Cloud" simply refers to things stored on a server somewhere other than your device. For instance, if you use Google Drive, you can store documents, music, etc. on Google's servers, and access it through your device. Same thing goes for all of the Google Play applications. TV shows, Movies, Books, Magazines, etc. are all stored at Google, and accessed using your device via wifi.

Some of these cloud services require you to do nothing but use them (like the Google Play stuff), while others require you to upload things to them so you can use them (like Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc).

Either way, cloud services are only available when you have an internet connection.

Accelerock

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok , now we are getting some where . So in any case I need to install a program ( Like dropbox) or what ever to make it work and I can find them in the play store ? For you people who help me here I will send you a link to free movies ( pm ) , no spyware or anything like that . I do beliieve you will enjoy it and pls don't tell to many about it , we like to keep it active as long as possible lol

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There are two uses of the word "Cloud" as it pertains to computers. The slang as EJT points out as anything not on you device. Then there is a technical meaning of "Cloud" which is data not on your device but usable as if it was on your device. This is stuff like streaming video or music you own. There are free and pay services for this. Google+ is the Cloud most people connect directly to the Nexus7. The ability to save something on the net is just internet storage and is commonly not able to be streamed and requires you to fully download anything for it to be used.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok , now we are getting some where . So in any case I need to install a program ( Like dropbox) or what ever to make it work and I can find them in the play store ? For you people who help me here I will send you a link to free movies ( pm ) , no spyware or anything like that . I do beliieve you will enjoy it and pls don't tell to many about it , we like to keep it active as long as possible lol
justin FYI. If you want to keep something private don't post it on a form for because that's open to the public.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon