Voice search offline

chodekiran

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
TO EVERYONE THIS WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM
Before doing all the above procedure change voice recognizer to Google. see path below
languages and input>speech>voice recognizer (set it to Google not to Samsung powered by...

this best works for voice recognition ofline for messaging :)

piano0011

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! In my language setting, I do not have the option to download the offline google voice files. When I click the icon on the right of google voice typing, it just foreclosed and I do have the CM 10 jelly bean, could anyone assist?

abhiwidu

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Works fine for me after downloading English(US)

Steps for Android One:
Settings -> Voice Search -> Offline Speech Recognition

and the install English (US), so that the offline voice typing as well as calling the contacts will be working.

Enjoy :)
Abhinav

Last edited:

P Schmied

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got SwiftKey installed, Kitkat on Asus. Whether I set it to use its voice recognition or the Google Voice Recognition, after a reboot voice recognition works fairly well within applications. Selecting the search icon brings up a microphone icon taping it trigger VR, which work slow than when on line, but it works.

However it doesn't work in Google Now or the Google search widget. Really strange.

fuadramseybass

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this issue too. I'm in the US and I have tried all the suggestions, but whenever I say "okay Google " when I'm in airplane mode i get a reply "there's no internet connection right now because you're in airplane mode"

I'm on a Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1

Google App version 5.1.17.19

So does it work offline or what? Or am I missing something here?

Mr Perfect1

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Reading the manual on page 34 (UK edition), it says:

"You can use Voice Actions with Google search to get directions, send messages, and perform a number of other common tasks.

You can initiate a Voice Search or Voice Action in several ways:

* Touch the microphone icon in the Google Chrome omnibox.
* Touch the microphone icon on the Home screen or Google Now screen and speak.
* Touch the search bar on the Home screen and say "Google".
* When you're viewing the Google Now screen, you don't have to touch anything. Just say "Google".

Next, speak the terms to search for or the Voice Action to perform"

Skip forward to page 41, and it says:

"*Download offline speech recognition. Check to select one or more additional languages for speech recognition when you don't have a network connection."

So, it looks like I should be able to do voice actions when offline right? Has anyone got this to work? When I click on the microphone on Google Now, I get "can't reach Google at the moment" immediately. Doing it from Chrome prompts me for speech, but then gives me the same message.

If I look settings for Google Now, English (US) is downloaded (22mb).

What am I missing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane