Google Voice Help!

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I been trying to use Google Voice to receive text messages on my N7 but with no luck. I have a Google number and my cell phone number stored in G Voice but still cannot seem to be able to text messages. Can anyone tell what may be the issue?

UPDATE
Can you have your personal number receive text message s from Google Voice or do you have to use the Google number they give you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You have to use the google voice number, not your real phone number. I have been using google voice on my N7 since day one. Works great.

If you want to be able to send and receive texts from your phone number, check out "tablet talk" on the Play Store. Works great.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I been trying to use Google Voice to receive text messages on my N7 but with no luck. I have a Google number and my cell phone number stored in G Voice but still cannot seem to be able to text messages. Can anyone tell what may be the issue?

UPDATE
Can you have your personal number receive text message s from Google Voice or do you have to use the Google number they give you?

When your on your desktop goto google voice then click setting then the Phones tab under Forward calls to: set it to Google chat. You will then get your text and calls from your handset for free.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you clarify what exactly it is you're trying to achieve? What is your setup?

What number so you have people text you at currently, your cell number or GV number?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When your on your desktop goto google voice then click setting then the Phones tab under Forward calls to: set it to Google chat. You will then get your text and calls from your handset for free.

I see forward voicemail option but not the option you are referring to.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you clarify what exactly it is you're trying to achieve? What is your setup?

What number so you have people text you at currently, your cell number or GV number?

Cellphone number.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Cellphone number.

Well in order to receive texts using GV you need to have them text your GV number. Same goes for calls. GV acts as a middleman between the person contacting you and your cell/landline number.

Once you've had all your contacts update their address books to your GV number, you'll be able to take advantage of all the GV features.

uxaar

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
i cant find the google voice in play store.
what do i have to do to be able to use google voice on n7 ?

is is not possible to use gv in uk?

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I suspect it is US only, as you have to select a US phone number from Google.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site

I suspect it is US only, as you have to select a US phone number from Google.

Yeah it's US only... Not only do you need a US number but you can only text US numbers, so it's not at all useful outside the US.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey