Internet radio

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I often listen to Internet radio on my PC. I visit the home page of a particular radio station (90.7 KFSR - Full Spectrum Radio - Fresno) and click on the "Listen Now" button to launch either their player or Winamp. However, I am not able to do this with Nexus 7. Am I not doing it right, or is there an app especially for that?

JP

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
You might want to look into Tunein Radio and see if that station is available to listen to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I experienced your problem. I'm not sure where the problem is, however, most likely something to do with how the website creators chose to implement the URL handlers.

I downloaded WinAmp to test you problem and noticed I could simply enter 'KFSR' in the 'SHOUTcast' search interface to get your radio station playing nicely here. And I mean 'nicely'. This is lovely.

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I installed Tunein, patchs, and yes, it does work fine with KFSR and scads of other stations. I think I'll stick with Tunein. Thanks everyone for the advice and help.

JP

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Listening to Internet radio via your mobile devices Web browser isn't the most practical thing. As mentioned before your station is available on Tunein so you might want to use the app instead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech