Help with Purchase

madz100

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing a Nexus 7 Tablet but cant decide on the model. I'm trying to keep the cost down so first decided on a 8gb version. I will be using it for web browsing, playing a couple of albums and mostly watching movies/tv shows when I'm away from home. I wont have a wifi connection so will need to download and store on the device.

Does anyone know the size of a movie (hd) and will I be able to fit say 3 movies on a 8gb with space left over?

many thanks

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing a Nexus 7 Tablet but cant decide on the model. I'm trying to keep the cost down so first decided on a 8gb version. I will be using it for web browsing, playing a couple of albums and mostly watching movies/tv shows when I'm away from home. I wont have a wifi connection so will need to download and store on the device.

Does anyone know the size of a movie (hd) and will I be able to fit say 3 movies on a 8gb with space left over?

many thanks

HD Divx movies are about 2GB to 4GB in size for a 2 hour movie. I think the Nexus 7 has about 6GB of usable space, so maybe one or two movies.

madz100

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know the size if downloaded from Google Play as a rental? Someone said it was less that 500mb but dont really believe that?

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded transformers which comes free that was a little over two gigs. So for your purpose you might want the 16gb. Just save up and wait. It would be better than having something that doesn't work for you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

nighttrain56

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree with GiantJay, if you are planning on storing a few movies and some tv shows on your device, you would definitely want to get the 16 GB version.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with the above recommendations. I use an 8gig Nexus 7 precisely because I don't consume heavy media. Though looking at my storage, I would feel cramped if I did. I have ample room for my needs, but if my desires expanded I'd quickly be desiring space to store them.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The difference is only ?40 and I was under the impression that the 8GB was only available through Google Play and their shipping is almost ?10, so if you get the 16GB from a shop or a site like Ebuyer with free shipping you'll save the shipping, and the effective difference will be ?30. Still a lot for 8GB storage, but if you don't compare it to the 8 GB model the 16GB is still great value. And I got the 16GB myself because I didn't think 8GB would be enough if I wanted media on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084