Bluetooth Speaker Issue (Big Jambox)

BushyBollocks

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have recently bought a Nexus 7 and discovered that it appears to have problems with its bluetooth connectivity. I often use my Big Jambox to play music over bluetooth from my laptop and smartphone such as Spotify and had zeros issues. However, when using my Nexus 7 with the Jambox it intermittently cuts out on a regular basis, no matter the distance, location, or presence of other interfering bluetooth signals. I originally thought this only happened when the screen turned off on the Nexus 7 but it actually happens all the time. I have exchanged the Jambox thinking the issue may be on that side but the issue persists. Is the Nexus 7 known for a 'weak' bluetooth, is my specific one likely to be faulty? Has anyone else had any similar issues? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

BushyBollocks

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It works perfectly fine with my Nexus S though. Thinking that it must be the hardware. Just don't know whether it is the Nexus 7 in general or my one specifically.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The Bluetooth signal on mine is great, certainly better than my N900, it works around most of my house without dropouts. My problem with Bluetooth audio is the lag on it, no problem with Play Movies or the YouTube app, but with the games I've tried its really bad.

Bluetooth and WiFi share the same frequencies and in mobile devices often also the same antenna (don't know if this applies to the Nexus 7 though), although I haven't noticed a problem with Bluetooth when using WiFi on mine (and I just ran a 100MB download while playing audio over Bluetooth to test), maybe try turning off WiFi and see if you still have this problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

adamfrayne182

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I use bluetooth headphones with my all the time with no issues.

Try pairing them again. Or pairing the Nexus to another bluetooth device and see if it has issues.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If using Pandora be sure to turn on automotive Bluetooth function inside of Pandora. My n7 skips constantly on BT if I don't enable it

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Looks like its my Nexus 7 then. I'll have to exchange it for a new one. Thanks for all the replies.

I'd at least try a factory data reset before sending it back... if that does not work, it is probably worth trying a different ROM.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Good. Today I had issues with Pandora and BT and this time the fix seemed to be unchecking screen auto lock. Ymmv

ashwinak

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I've tested many JB roms on my ATT GS3 SGH-I747 and none of them seem to have fix for the bluetooth paring issue to an external sound system. I have a Logitech Boombox. Every time it says "couldn't pair with Logitech Boombox due to incorrect PIN or passkey". Wondering if anyone has seen this and knows a fix for this...this has been my only issue so far after moving to JB from ICS... I should say, JB is just awesome on GS3.....

I should mention that there is no option to specify the pass key or pin from the bluetooth menu... It should automatically pair w/ my boombox similar to how this worked w/ ICS on the same device...

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've tested many JB roms on my ATT GS3 SGH-I747 and none of them seem to have fix for the bluetooth paring issue to an external sound system. I have a Logitech Boombox. Every time it says "couldn't pair with Logitech Boombox due to incorrect PIN or passkey". Wondering if anyone has seen this and knows a fix for this...this has been my only issue so far after moving to JB from ICS... I should say, JB is just awesome on GS3.....

I should mention that there is no option to specify the pass key or pin from the bluetooth menu... It should automatically pair w/ my boombox similar to how this worked w/ ICS on the same device...

Strange. We have three new Logitech Bluetooth stereo devices in the house, and three Nexus 7s. No problem connecting any of them to any of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7

bone_collector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus 7 and have never had an issue with bluetooth. I've only ever used one speaker and one headset but still never a problem. This is my bluetooth speaker but I can't remember where i bought it. Also, I can't seem to find my headset anywhere to know the model (sorry)..

Harald Alvestrand

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Had this problem (bluetooth dropout) after the 4.2 upgrade. Before, it worked flawlessly.

After reading this conversation, I deregistered the device from the N7 and re-registered. Now it works flawlessly again.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a Motorola EQ7 Bluetooth speakers and regularly stream from my 4.2 N7 with no issues. I also use it with my stock Xoom, and Razr Maxx and don't have cut out from those devices either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power