I just caved...

sandyvern

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I just caved...I went to Walmart "just to see" if they had the Nexus 7 16G....and they did...lol...so I bought it! I couldn't help myself. Of course I probably don't "need" another device, as I have a Xoom, a KF, plus 2 phones (Exhibit 4g and Droid Razr Maxx)....but I wanted to check out the N7 ;-)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't blame you, I did the same thing last week at Staples. You'll like the portability compared to your Xoom. I'm curious as to what you think of your KF after using the N7 for a few days.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the fold. I think you'll dig the Nexus, especially for the price. Pretty cheap for a stock Jelly Bean experience.

sandyvern

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Nick - I am interested in that as well....as my KF is usually what I take with me every day. My Xoom I use mostly at home or if I am going to be away for the entire day or a long weekend or something. Will let you know;)

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the club, now meet us at Stonehenge for the secret ceremony and remember the first rule of Nexus Club! :-X

sandyvern

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll dig the Nexus, especially for the price. Pretty cheap for a stock Jelly Bean experience.

How can you not love the price!! And for only $50 more for the 16g...can't go wrong. I did get JB on my Xoom over the weekend...and been playing around with it...so far am enjoying it.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
My Kindle Fire is going to my mother in law. What's funny is that I usually kept my KF in my laptop bag. It was my traveling buddy, and when I'm at home I used my cellphone or if I'm in my bedroom I used my 10.1. The N7 I carry everywhere with me around the house. My phone stays connected to it's charger, and my 10.1 I use if I want to watch a movie or something. I love this lil' thing!

dbon12

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same thing at Walmart yesterday afternoon. Went back to the electronics department to see what they had and there was a bunch of Nexus 7 locked up in cabinet.
I couldn't believe they had them in stock and bought one right away.
The clerk said they just had gotten them in that morning. I asked if they had a demo unit to try out because I usually do not like to buy tablets, etc. without trying them out first, but he said they get demo units separately, if they get them at all. So I bought one to try it. Couldn't resist the urge to try the nexus 7 and jelly bean. Figured if I didn't like it or got a faultly unit I could always return it. So far I love it!

sandyvern

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The clerk said they just had gotten them in that morning. I asked if they had a demo unit to try out because I usually do not like to buy tablets, etc. without trying them out first, but he said they get demo units separately, if they get them at all. So I bought one to try it. Couldn't resist the urge to try the nexus 7 and jelly bean. Figured if I didn't like it or got a faultly unit I could always return it. So far I love it!

Clerk said the same thing to me today. She didn't realize they had them in. And they didn't have a demo either...but I asked about return policy....so figured if I hated it (which I am really doubting would happen) I could return it within 15 days. But so far the little bit of time I have gotten to play with it this afternoon, I think it is staying ;)

adamfrayne182

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I honestly was skeptical when I bought it thinking "oh great will this be another Android knock off and feel cheap and crappy"

so I was planning on returning it if it sucked and it blew me out of the water with how great it is. I have had it for almost 2 weeks now and not a day goes by that i Don't look forward to using it.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Kindle Fire on eBay because the N7 is so much better (and not only in specs). The Amazon version of Android, while OK for an ereader, was just to confining for me compared to the N7. The kindle app works great on the N7. Now if Amazon would only make an Amazon Prime video app available for Android. Hopefully with the release of the Amazon Prime Video app for iPad today this is now more likely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1