Stock JB Browser

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Any news on the stock JB browser coming to the N7?
Chrome is just so slow and frustrating to use. Lags like crazy, especially on this site and forum. Using the stock JB browser on my GNex, I experience nothing but fluidity and responsiveness. What was Google thinking shipping these things out with Chrome??

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My intuition says no. Google will undoubtedly update the Chrome browser to increase performance/fluidity. I would also think that at some point a JB update will replace the current GNex browser with chrome also. It only makes sense (to me at least) that Google would want to use their flagship browser brand (Chrome) on all Nexus devices.

Also, check out Tapatalk for accessing this (and other) forums. It really is a better experience than using the browser to read and post to supported forums.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is here to stay. The only way you will see the stock Android browser on your device if you root and install it. I'm sure Google is aware how horrendous Mobile Chrome is and will probably fix all bugs in future updates. Till then, there are other browsers like Dolphin HD and Firefox Beta that whip the pants off Chrome. I'm with you OP, what on earth was Google thinking when making Chrome the default browser on the N7.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is here to stay. The only way you will see the stock Android browser on your device if you root and install it. I'm sure Google is aware how horrendous Mobile Chrome is and will probably fix all bugs in future updates. Till then, there are other browsers like Dolphin HD and Firefox Beta that whip the pants off Chrome. I'm with you OP, what on earth was Google thinking when making Chrome the default browser on the N7.

I'm glad I'm not the only one dumbfounded by this. Including this terrible browser on the first device that truly shows the fluidity of android is beyond me.

sweet baboo

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Him. I wasn't aware that so many people have hated chrome. I've liked it pretty well so far, at least when compared to mobile browsing in the past. Sure it could improve but I feel like it's unrealistic to suddenly raise the bar so high

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Chrome is just so slow and frustrating to use. Lags like crazy, especially on this site and forum.

Are we using the same browser? I haven't experienced any such issues on my ICS device. Maybe the problem is only on JB or only on tablets.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Him. I wasn't aware that so many people have hated chrome. I've liked it pretty well so far, at least when compared to mobile browsing in the past. Sure it could improve but I feel like it's unrealistic to suddenly raise the bar so high

No, its not unrealistic to raise the bar so high because every version of Android for both tablets and phones before Jellybean, shipped with a better browser than Chrome. It was just called Browser. The stock browser n every other version of Android 3.0 and above is faster, smoother, and more responsive than this version of Chrome on our Nexus 7. This was a huge step in the wrong direction by Google.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

What some other guy said, JB for the GNex comes with a browser that rivals the iPhone as far as fluidity and responsiveness...seriously, it's that good. There was no reason to use Chrome when the stock browser showcased just how good JB and Android is.

BlueSauce

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
This is my first Android device so I don't know about the old browser but, it would seem a better approach for Google would be Chrome-ifying the old browser rather than a full port of Chrome to Android.

Sent from my Nexus 7

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded and read the Nexus 7 guidebook before I ordered my Nexus 7 (on the 28th June) and it mentioned that if you want to use Flash you'll need to download the Browser from the Play Store (they removed that bit from the copy that came on my Nexus 7), so Google were planning to make it available and it seems they changed their minds when Adobe decided not to make Flash available on the Nexus 7. Does seem odd that aren't making it available anyway, but I guess they have decided Chrome is the future and want to start pushing it.

Personally I am a Firefox fan, so I use that as my default, but I can't say I noticed Chrome being slow when I tried it, still Google should have at least given people who want it the option to download the regular Android browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae