Calendar sync not working for me...

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Any help is appreciated. My calendar on my n7 does not sync my info like my phone or pc. I am sure i am missing something, but I am stumped.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Try Settings --> Accounts --> Google (or your main account). Click on it, then the account name. Make sure everything is checked that you want to sync.

When you are in that sync screen, click the menu, and choose to Sync Now and see if it works.

marcoscu

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. At first calendar sync works fine but then stopped. My N7 Tells me to add a Google account but tells me that my existing account - syncing fine with all other Google services is already in use and will not let me add it. The Settings panel tells me it is already syncing. But all m calendar entries have gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I started a thread on this a while back. My solution was to reset the device. Painfull but the only fix for my calendar issue.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If you have multiple calendars, make sure the name is the same for all devices(For the calendar you want synced). Also check that you didn't unclick sync by accident.(The little sync icon next to the brightness control)
Its working fine synching across 4 devices/calendars on mine. I am using "Business Calendar free"

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Was odd. I resynced, reset, and nothing. Then after about 2 hours away, voila it was there.

Thanks for the ideas though, I am sure one of them helped, just not sure which one.

Therapeutic Living

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a team of 10 users who have been using Google calendars sync on various mobile devices (several versions of Android and a few iPhones) since 11/2011. For the first few months calendars sync'd without issue. Then sometime around March of this year users started having intermittent sync issues. Some were able to remedy the issue by merely rebooting their devices while others had to completely delete the associated Google accounts and add them as new accounts to get items to sync. The problem persists and we have not received any good news from the folks at Google...and we are PAYING Google Apps enterprise users who are entitled to support.

My point here is to let you all know that the problems you are experiencing probably don't have anything to do with your devices but rather with problematic Google code on their servers and/or on your device. Google has know about the problem for months but they have not fixed it. Upgrading my device to a Motorola DROID RAZR running Ice Cream Sandwich did not fix the issue. I personally doubt the problem is client-side at all. So collectively I think we all need to be hammering Google about this, or looking for a more reliable calendar service to use with our mobile devices...

Reactions: op t must

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
But, but, but, my problem remains fixed by having reset my n7.

samecin

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Having same Issue.. I have 3 device, they all setup for 3 different Google Account for Calender, They all shows all data but in Nexus 7, I am not able to see all calender entry.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Give it a few days or a week...

Nice try. it's ALREADY been that long, PLUS, the problem I had initially was the calendar losing everything MANY times a day. thanks for playing though. If you chose not to believe what fixed mine, so be it. I'm not going to argue about it. cheers.

Therapeutic Living

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Nice try. it's ALREADY been that long, PLUS, the problem I had initially was the calendar losing everything MANY times a day. thanks for playing though. If you chose not to believe what fixed mine, so be it. I'm not going to argue about it. cheers.

Nice try? Thanks for playing?!? LOL! Why be an ass here, Dave? You'd think I insulted your mother or something...

I've done what you did to your N7 and it was a temporary fix. Eventually, the sync stops again for me. If yours keeps working for the rest of your sensitive little life, that's just fuggen GREAT, Dave! But other readers here should know that the problem persists in other cases. Go dry your eyes now.

Cheers!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you feel better by resorting to rude name-calling? Geez,dude...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Someone on another site reset their n7 due to calendar issues--they reported that theirs is fixed also.

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
so, i tried all of the posted solutions on my nexus 7 and none of them worked for me, but here's how i eventually got it to work. i logged into the calendar from my laptop, exported the events and imported them into a newly created calendar. syncing the newly created calendar to the n7 worked. i then went back to the computer and deleted all of the events from the first calendar that wasn't syncing and reimported all the events to it. tested the sync on the tablet and they showed up. i then deleted the 2nd calendar that i'd made. i also went to the accounts sync on the nexus 7 and the spinning sync icon disappeared after i went through all of these steps. seems to be working fine now.

silly and convoluted, but it's what worked for me. i was experiencing this exact issue when i was flashing JB roms on my nexus s. i'd always assumed it was a problem with the rom.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
so, i tried all of the posted solutions on my nexus 7 and none of them worked for me, but here's how i eventually got it to work. i logged into the calendar from my laptop, exported the events and imported them into a newly created calendar. syncing the newly created calendar to the n7 worked. i then went back to the computer and deleted all of the events from the first calendar that wasn't syncing and reimported all the events to it. tested the sync on the tablet and they showed up. i then deleted the 2nd calendar that i'd made. i also went to the accounts sync on the nexus 7 and the spinning sync icon disappeared after i went through all of these steps. seems to be working fine now.

silly and convoluted, but it's what worked for me. i was experiencing this exact issue when i was flashing JB roms on my nexus s. i'd always assumed it was a problem with the rom.

which goes to show that your issue was far different than mine. When I started having trouble with the n7's calendar app, I created a new google account, for grins, and even that one failed to sync on the n7. Not only did my calendars not sync,, no calenders would show up in the options screen, inside the app. The app "thought" that I had no calenders to present--hence of course, the calendar app appeared totally empty. If I deleted calendar storage app data, that usually brought the calenders back to life. Now all is well, thankfully--I don't like issues of any kind with Google Calendar as I rely heavily on it to manage appointments and random bits of info.

wmdon

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
on your nexus 7 select calender icon and in the upper left corner is a drop menu for week,month and agenda select agenda and change the view date for the calendar to an earlier date all data will transfer.