Does Tablet Talk Clear Phone Notifications?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For you Tablet Talk users: if you receive a text and check it on your tablet, does the notification get cleared from your phone? Or do you still have to clear the phone notification manually?

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This is one of my biggest irritations. My phone keeps lighting up to say I have a new message even after I check it through TT. Still a hell of an app though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ragnarokx

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Its a awesome app but yes you need to clear the messages. Not a deal breaker. Glad I bought it with some of the $25 credit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Its a awesome app but yes you need to clear the messages. Not a deal breaker. Glad I bought it with some of the $25 credit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I was thinking of switching from DeskSMS if it did clear notifications. Oh well, no biggie.

Hopsain

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason why I don't get a notification on my tablet when I get a new message? Actually, I don't get the message at all on my tablet unless I sync all messages from my phone to my tablet manually.

For example, say someone texts me, & my phone & tablet are connected via bluetooth, I don't get the notification on my tablet.

Why is this? It's like my messages don't automatically sync to my Tablet

Using a Nexus 7 & an HTC Rezound by the way?

Last edited:

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason why I don't get a notification on my tablet when I get a new message? Actually, I don't get the message at all on my tablet unless I sync all messages from my phone to my tablet manually.

For example, say someone texts me, & my phone & tablet are connected via bluetooth, I don't get the notification on my tablet.

Do you have an aftermarket sms program set as default (like handscent for instance)? If you do, the notifications wont work.

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You are supposed to diable all SMS notifications on your phone; that way you dont have double notifications.
I disabled mine on GO SMS an now I no longer have to clear any notifications on my status bar, icon etc

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

What messaging app do you use?
Stock?
Go?
Handcent?
Chomp SMS?

TaylaAmos

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Third party SMS apps such as Handcent and Go SMS can block Tablet Talk from receiving messages. This problem is easily fixed in two steps.

1) Change the setting in your SMS app's settings which prevents other apps from receiving messages:

Handcent: Settings->Application Settings->Default Messaging application: set to "Disable".

GO SMS Pro: Settings->Receive Settings->Disable other message notification: UNcheck.

MIUI SMS app: disable "System priority MMS app"

2) Open the SMS app that came with your phone. Inside its settings, disable notifications. This step is necessary to prevent duplicate notifications.