Should I get the Nexus 7?

Rifter891

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Should I get one? There's already an iPad in my house, But it gets heavy after a while to hold if you're reading a book or playing a game for just a few minutes. Plus im an android guy and really like what android 4.1 has to offer. What are your opinions of it for anyone who has it already. I was thinking of getting it for Christmas (8GB) Since i don't really use my old outdated iPod touch anymore.. Thanks! :cool:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
By Christmas the N7 may well be pretty outdated compared to offerings that'll come out between now & then. If you're looking at buying something soon, I'd say go for it, it's a super nice device & great value. If you're waiting, don't bother picking out a model until it's close to purchase time.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
But can you believe Christmas is only a little over 4 months away? I think the Nexus 7 will still be a very good buy at Christmas time.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
But can you believe Christmas is only a little over 4 months away? I think the Nexus 7 will still be a very good buy at Christmas time.

It might still be a good buy, but there will probably be another dozen tablets released by then that will be competitive. The N7 may still be the one to buy, but we won't know that until then.

Now if it's an early Christmas present and you're buying in the next few weeks, I'd say go for the Nexus 7.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It might still be a good buy, but there will probably be another dozen tablets released by then that will be competitive. The N7 may still be the one to buy, but we won't know that until then.

Now if it's an early Christmas present and you're buying in the next few weeks, I'd say go for the Nexus 7.

When it comes to budget tablets, I think this is going to be exclusively dominated by just 2 or 3 players. Google, Amazon, and maybe B&N. They can sell nice quality tablets at no profit and use them as platforms to funnel customers to their own content and services.

The other guys like Samsung, ASUS, Acer, etc, don't have content and services (that anyone wants anyway) to sell hardware at no profit. If Samsung makes a tablet that costs $200 to make it'll probably cost $300 or more to buy.

So I expect the number of Nexus 7 competitors to remain fairly small this year. The next Kindle Fire and maybe a new Nook Tablet also. The Kindle Fire is coming soon and probably will have the same specs as the Nexus 7. Not sure if a new Nook Tablet will even arrive this year.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I too have always been a die hard crackberry fan but I am think HARD about getting the G1. What do you guys think?

I have no doubt that they work be a storage on nexus 7 cine Christmas time. I'm planning on getting my two sisters and my mom a nexus 7 for Christmas. I can't think of a better gift.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think some people are speculating and hoping for a Apple 7 inch tablet. That is why there are so many users on the fence about the Nexus 7.

For those looking for tablets, there is at least one new Android tablet in the Galaxy Note 10.1, as well as a handful of Windows 8/RT tablets on the way, and as mentioned previously, the new Nook and Kindle tablets are speculated before the end of the year, too.

I can see where a decision would be hard to make at this time, as well. Granted, they won't all be in the $200 to $250 range, but some may (Apple possibly) be there, offering the consumer another choice to figure in.

All in all, if the OP wants to wait until Christmas, then that is their choice, as they may be able to make a more informed choice at that time amongst any tablets on the market.

I myself chose to buy a 16GB Nexus 7 now, as I like new gadgets. Four months from now, I could be looking for something new, too. Not that the Nexus 7 is not good enough, but a newer tablet may come out that better suits my needs on a daily basis for work and play (rear camera, SD Slot, handwriting recognition, etc.).

djhgdfkg

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
sure, you should get one, i have already bought, just like you, i already have an Ipad and i think it is heavy and not convenient to take outside, but with N7, things changed, the size is great, the performance is OK and the price is all right, so I recommend to get one.

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think you would be fine buying the n7 anytime between now and the end of the year. It is the only tablet, no matter what the specs or brand, that will be officially updated by Google. That alone is worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool