When quit means quit?

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I can quit the program by exiting (far left icon) and it asks be to confirm if I want to quit, but then if I go the the right hand icon, it shows as still running.

If quit does not mean quit, how does one really quit?

Also how do you track down which program is sending pesky notifications "BUY NOW SPAM" that I can hopefully disable in the settings area.
Thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The Recents icon/menu shows all recently used apps, not necessarily currently running apps (don't feel bad, common misconception :) )

For spam notifications try downloading Airpush Detector and having it find them for you.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
One thing that's important to know is that for the most part Android apps are good about not using a lot of system resources if they aren't the currently active app, so truly closing them isn't as important as it is in Windows for example. So if you don't absolutely need to close the program for some reason, just don't worry about it.

That said, there are plenty of task manager apps out there that make it easy to see what's running and close down apps & processes.

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It should be intuitive enough so the user should know what is running and how to quit without needing other applications...

Thanks all...

:-\

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It should be intuitive enough so the user should know what is running and how to quit without needing other applications...

Thanks all...

The idea is that it's so efficient that you don't think about closing things at all - one less thing to think about. You need something, you use it. You need something else, you use it. No "wait, did I close that...?" They're doing the same thing with Windows 8.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Thanks all...

I think the point is that you don't have to worry about it; Android will take care of it. Task managers are not needed any more, yet I see numerous people using them and having issues.

So don't worry about what's running or not, unless you've downloaded some poorly designed app that doesn't behave itself correctly.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks all...

Well you don't necessarily need another application, you just need to swipe it out of recents. That's a decent way to "quit" the app. Some roms will allow you to "kill" an app too, but I'm not sure if that's been ported over to grouper yet.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I wish the AC forums had a little notification that popped up that would let you know the thread was updated while I was typing a reply. The last 3 posts all say pretty much the same thing, and I'm sure we were all typing our replies at the same time.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34