Just got my third nexus 7 5 minutes ago. Just opened up the box and guess what?? It has screen lift just like the last two. I am going to try and fix this one before I return it. The first one I tried tightening the screws and that didnt help. With this one I am going to leave it in a hot car with pressure on the screen and then I am going to let it sit at room tempature overnight. If that doesnt work then I am returning it for a refund and buying one in store.
    08-08-2012 12:37 PM
    Have you tried the 'washer' fix yet. That seems to be the preferred method of fixing screen lift these days... Washer Fix @ xda
    08-08-2012 01:33 PM
    thanks for this. i'll give it a shot after i try the adhesive fix. i suppose the other solution would be to get a shorter screw.
    thedudeduck likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:22 PM
    Have you tried the 'washer' fix yet. That seems to be the preferred method of fixing screen lift these days... Washer Fix @ xda

It definitely works, but my only complaint is that the back cover does not lie completely flush with the body. Almost does, but not quite.... Did you use this method too? If so, how did yours work out?
    08-08-2012 03:16 PM
    It definitely works, but my only complaint is that the back cover does not lie completely flush with the body. Almost does, but not quite.... Did you use this method too? If so, how did yours work out?
    No, I am apparently one of the lucky ones, all three of the Nexus 7's I have had did not have the screen lift. One had a line of dead pixels across the lower half of the screen, so I exchanged it at Staples. The two I have now (one from Staples and one from Play Store preorder) are both fine.
    08-08-2012 03:31 PM
    when you first opened the box do you remember if there were 2 seals or 4 seals with one on top of another on each side?
    08-08-2012 03:37 PM
    All of mine only had 2 seals, 1 on each side.
    08-08-2012 03:47 PM
    All of mine only had 2 seals, 1 on each side.
    hmm I bought an 8gb, it came with 4 seals, It was in perfect condition. I ended up selling it. Then I bought a 16gb with 2 seals, that had a screen lift.

I returned it and bought another 16gb online. The 2nd 16gb had 4 seals and no screen lift.

Seems like the Nexus 7s with 4 seals were re-opened by Google / Asus. I wonder if there are any co-relation with the screen lifts and the 2 seals..
    08-08-2012 04:12 PM
    Just got my third nexus 7 5 minutes ago. Just opened up the box and guess what?? It has screen lift just like the last two. I am going to try and fix this one before I return it. The first one I tried tightening the screws and that didnt help. With this one I am going to leave it in a hot car with pressure on the screen and then I am going to let it sit at room tempature overnight. If that doesnt work then I am returning it for a refund and buying one in store.
    You must be the unluckiest person on the planet to get 3 units with bad screens. Either that or the place you bought them from got a bad batch. I suggest you get a refund and buy it elsewhere.

Where did you buy these units? I bought mine from Staples and haven't had any major problems with it yet.
    08-08-2012 04:50 PM
    Just got my second one from google play, same problem, screen lift.
    08-08-2012 04:58 PM
    wow, and here I thought I had bad consumer's luck. we have two n7's in the house and both have flat screens, no dead pixels, no bad sounding speakers....but then again, I've had my share of clunker-devices. hell, I owned a frickin' Storm and Storm 2, so I think you guys know I've had pain in my life. LOL!!!
    08-08-2012 05:26 PM
    Does the device function? If so, no worries But, manufacturers should get there act together...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    08-08-2012 08:27 PM
    I'm on my 4th one with screen lift issues and bought the first one from Sears, 2nd one from Radio Shack, third one from Walmart, 4th one is the replacement from Radio Shack for my 2nd one.

You must be the unluckiest person on the planet to get 3 units with bad screens. Either that or the place you bought them from got a bad batch. I suggest you get a refund and buy it elsewhere.

Where did you buy these units? I bought mine from Staples and haven't had any major problems with it yet.
    08-09-2012 10:00 AM
    Not the unluckiestt. I am also on my third Nexus 7. Its about over a month since I pe-ordered. As I was pumped about the device, the screen was raised, followed by the exchanged one, etc. What should I do? I certainly don't want to lose any data of my new device

08-09-2012 10:04 AM
    What is the worst case scenario from one with a slight screen lift?

After reading all these post about all the defects I searched and searched my device to finally notice that apparently mine too has the slightest of screen lift. But I would never have noticed if it I hadn't looked and looked. Now that I have noticed it I think I have pressed on it twice and it seems to hold for a few days and then I have to remember to check it again. But really I don't notice it at all. Is the screen just going to fall off or what?? Should I really just return this one and hope to find one without a problem?

08-09-2012 10:18 AM
    Yeah this screen lifting thing is so common seems like. I'm waiting delivery of my third one. The first one was terrible with a squishy sound when pushed down. The second one was slight but I still notice it, plus there was a dead pixel on the screen. Crossing my fingers the third one will be ok... Good luck guys/gals. Wonder what the deal is that Asus can't keep their defects in check... Their transformer tabs seem ok, I own the original one. Must be a design flaw.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD