Amazon Prime on the Nexus 7

Jwhite898

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to check in with you guys and see if anyone is or has attempted watching videos from their amazon prime account on the nexus 7

Last edited by a moderator:

neillcurrie

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Stock n7, no rooting. Installed flash and Firefox beta(also xScope), all videos play fine, even full screen.
The full screen toggle is iffy: a fast, light tap makes it go full screen though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Amazon Prime on the nexus 7

I was reading that some people get Amazon Prime for free. But when I log into my Amazon account it says $80 bucks.

Anyone know how to get it for free?

Amazon Prime Review

Once in a while when I go to purchase something it offers me a 30 day trial of Amazon Prime. But after that it's normal price is $80 for a year subscription.

Oddly after my most recent free trial Amazon automatically enrolled me into the plan after the trial expired and charged me $80. I was probably going to sign up anyway, so I wasn't too mad, but it was unexpected.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

If you buy a Kindle Fire, you get a free month of Prime. I've had Prime for about four years and it's great if you buy enough stuff. Where it really comes in handy is during Black Friday Lightning Deals where you want to get $5 Blu-rays and $10 videogames and can't get enough other stuff to hit the $25 minimum for slow free shipping and you get it all in two days or less.

They really need to get an app for Instant Video on Android. I get why they're keeping it just on the Fire, but they're pissing off those who don't want to get a Fire or other supported device.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Amazon made an iPhone app yet won't make one for Android devices. Does anyone else find that ironic?

Amazon, I don't want your sh*tty Kindle Fire hardware just to pay you $80 for some videos. No thank.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I originally signed up as a student and they gave me my first year free. Student price is 40. The only thing that you can't do, that I have found at least, is sharing the prime with other accounts, which is fine with me. You get the shipping and video with the students account.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I originally signed up as a student and they gave me my first year free. Student price is 40. The only thing that you can't do, that I have found at least, is sharing the prime with other accounts, which is fine with me. You get the shipping and video with the students account.

This. Also joining amazon mom and buying a certain amount each month gets you up to a year of prime free. The student account is how I get mine, if you have a dot edu email, you are set.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

Just wanted to check in with you guys and see if anyone is or has attempted watching videos from their amazon prime account on the nexus 7

I have watched several streaming Amazon Prime "free" movies on my N7. To do it I had to download a version of Flash that will run on Firefox Beta -- there's another browser that will run it as well (can't remember the name). Other browsers don't support Flash. I think Firefox Beta is the best. It gets a little tricky getting the movie display to properly fit within the N7's screen display but it's do-able.

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

I was reading that some people get Amazon Prime for free. But when I log into my Amazon account it says $80 bucks.

Anyone know how to get it for free?

Amazon Prime Review

The only way to get it for free is during the one month trial period. If you don't cancel the service before that month is up, they'll charge your credit card for the annual $79 fee. For me, it's worth it because I buy stuff from Amazon on a fairly regular basis and get 2-day shipping for free.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

If you buy a Kindle Fire, you get a free month of Prime. I've had Prime for about four years and it's great if you buy enough stuff. Where it really comes in handy is during Black Friday Lightning Deals where you want to get $5 Blu-rays and $10 videogames and can't get enough other stuff to hit the $25 minimum for slow free shipping and you get it all in two days or less.

They really need to get an app for Instant Video on Android. I get why they're keeping it just on the Fire, but they're pissing off those who don't want to get a Fire or other supported device.

hmm I had been using prime for a almost a year now and you dont need the 25 dollar minimum as long as the product has prime on it you can get 2 day free shipping, now is great in black friday, but if the product is sold by a seller it wont benefit you, it has to say prime to actually get what you pay for, but Amazon does give you a lot of products with prime so most likely you will find something with it or something similar of what you were looking for.

markyoung04

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

hmm I had been using prime for a almost a year now and you dont need the 25 dollar minimum as long as the product has prime on it you can get 2 day free shipping, now is great in black friday, but if the product is sold by a seller it wont benefit you, it has to say prime to actually get what you pay for, but Amazon does give you a lot of products with prime so most likely you will find something with it or something similar of what you were looking for.

It took me a couple reads to get what he said but I believe he meant to say that he likes prime because he DOES NOT have to hit that 25.00 minimum in order to get "slow" standard free shipping because Prime members get fast 2-day shipping on anything even a 5.00 blu-ray.

New-N7

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

Please bear with me here as I am totally new to all things mobile. I am trying to decide which tablet to buy for my own needs. Currently using a borrowed n7. ( Yes, I'm loving it!). My question at the moment concerns Amazon video. Just checked the choices and The King's Speech is available free --not an Amazon Prime offer. What app do I need to have in order to watch this? Or is it even possible to download / stream to the n7?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Please bear with me here as I am totally new to all things mobile. I am trying to decide which tablet to buy for my own needs. Currently using a borrowed n7. ( Yes, I'm loving it!). My question at the moment concerns Amazon video. Just checked the choices and The King's Speech is available free --not an Amazon Prime offer. What app do I need to have in order to watch this? Or is it even possible to download / stream to the n7?

To watch Amazon Instant Videos (Prime or not), you need flash and a browser that supports it. The Nexus 7 and its Chrome browser don't officially support Flash, so it's a bit of a pain to install, but not too bad.

Read this thread for a how-to: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ad-before-posting-new-thread-about-flash.html

Basically you'll install an old version of Flash from a downloaded file, then update it from a 2nd downloaded file, then install your browser of choice that supports flash. Then you can use Amazon videos just like on a desktop computer, including fullscreen.